Pre-match | Everton v Man City (Updated Pg1 Injuries and Travel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question to ponder....

Who thinks Bony should play only when Aguero is injured?

I think Bony should start on Sunday. He's more than capable. With no pre season to speak of, I think rushing Aguero back would be asking for trouble. I'm not saying don't play him, I'm saying ease him in. If we needed him on Sunday we could bring him on after 55-60 min.
I'd start Bony against Watford a game we should have more than enough to win

I'd start Bony against Watford a game we should have more than enough to win

My concern with City is that we don't rotate to allow all of the squad minutes to find form and fitness. The danger we have in sticking with the same side is that when required the players that come off the bench aren't able to hit the same level. The danger in twisting is that the players in good form lose it whilst being rested.
If Aguero shows the same form against Everton as he did v Chelsea when he was only lacking a bit of match practice, then I wouldn't be benching him against Watford. Strikers want to score goals and he'll fancy his chances against them.

My concern with City is that we don't rotate to allow all of the squad minutes to find form and fitness. The danger we have in sticking with the same side is that when required the players that come off the bench aren't able to hit the same level. The danger in twisting is that the players in good form lose it whilst being rested.
If Aguero shows the same form against Everton as he did v Chelsea when he was only lacking a bit of match practice, then I wouldn't be benching him against Watford. Strikers want to score goals and he'll fancy his chances against them.
Aguero wants to play every game , and he's normally at his best when he plays runs of games instead of playing 3/4 then being on the bench

would stand side by side with man united over everton/liverpool any mancunian that says otherwise is a liar or related.

or too young to know
15-20 years ago i would agree with you 100% but now i dont think so, and yes i am a mancunian. but i do hate scousers always have always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.