Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get excited about the CL,i don't know why but it just doesn't excite me,i always want us to win games of course but i am not the bundle of nerves that i am for league games

More to the point is why is there such an apathy in a lot of the players when they pull on the blue shirt. Without Vinny we have no leader and therefore no-one to lead by example on the pitch. If we show the same apathy on the pitch tonight as we did in the 2nd half against Spurs we will get soundly beaten.
Can't see us playing that badly again. I mean, Shirley not.

for me personally theres a couple of reasons why i havent got excited by this competition.

firstly we havent exactly "lit" up the tournament yet. I get excited when we have played Madrid/Barca & Bayern but the rest of the games i have been rather subdued for some reason. I think we need a big win in the last 16/quarter final and i think the fans would finally embrace the competition a bit more.

and secondly its the play acting, the diving, the poor officiating, the waving of imaginary yellow cards, and all thats going on at the top with the corruption at Uefa. Its just a money machine and whilst i understand the need for City to be successful in the champions league, the thirst for money and the way people and clubs go about it on and off the pitch leaves a sour taste in my mouth if im honest. Seeing Twatini and Blatter on tv makes my blood boil.
But saying all that, i would still love to see Vinnie lift that fooking huge trophy aloft!

Sounds like the West Ham game

any BMers over there to send gratuitous pics of Germanic squares in the autumn sunshine, large steins of lager and overflowing serving frauleins?

I can't seem to stop worrying about the absurd number of injuries. FFS.

for me personally theres a couple of reasons why i havent got excited by this competition.

firstly we havent exactly "lit" up the tournament yet. I get excited when we have played Madrid/Barca & Bayern but the rest of the games i have been rather subdued for some reason. I think we need a big win in the last 16/quarter final and i think the fans would finally embrace the competition a bit more.

and secondly its the play acting, the diving, the poor officiating, the waving of imaginary yellow cards, and all thats going on at the top with the corruption at Uefa. Its just a money machine and whilst i understand the need for City to be successful in the champions league, the thirst for money and the way people and clubs go about it on and off the pitch leaves a sour taste in my mouth if im honest. Seeing Twatini and Blatter on tv makes my blood boil.
But saying all that, i would still love to see Vinnie lift that fooking huge trophy aloft!

This. Was discussing this very point on the way home for the Juve game and one of the guys commented he sees the UCL being played on the whole by teams as 'anti-football' and on the whole I can see his point...

This. Was discussing this very point on the way home for the Juve game and one of the guys commented he sees the UCL being played on the whole by teams as 'anti-football' and on the whole I can see his point...
Which is pretty much how Juve made it all the way to the final last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.