Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling like it will another uninspired performance with Fernando midfield and a red card to the other cm. What else do you expect from City in europe otherwise to make it as hard as possible?

Goal.com reporting that hart, vinny, silva should all be fit for wednesday! Really do hope so

hart

Sagna
vinny
otemendi
kolarov

nando
diniho

kdb
silva
sterling

aguero

bench
willy
nasri
zaba
demi
navas
roberts
evans

would be very confident if we can get this team out!
Surprised to see so many people on here saying to play Kompany/Silva if there's a chance they're fit.

The number of times the past couple of seasons I've been praying not to rush a player back, be it Silva, Kompany or Aguero - to then see their name on the teamsheet, and 20 minutes in see them go down in a heap & miss the next 3,4,5 weeks, it's an all too familiar sight/feeling. Yes we play far better with these guys on, but having them miss 1 extra game to be 100% fit rather than risk them at 95% and then see them miss 5/6 games because of it is far more desirable in my eyes at least.

Hart
Sagna/Zab
Otamendi
MDM
Kolarov/Sagna

Fernando
Fernandinho

Sterling/Nasri
KdB
Navas

Aguero

That team I'd be plenty happy with. Play sensible & counter, we have pace with Sterling/Navas & good finishers in Aguero/KdB.

Tough situation for Pellegrini. Risk playing players who are barely fully fit but whom he knows give us the best chance of winning or take the longer view and give them more time to recover while increasing the chance of losing v Gladbach and thereby making progress in the UCL virtually impossible. Similar performance v Roma away would do very nicely or at least the same result.

Surprised to see so many people on here saying to play Kompany/Silva if there's a chance they're fit.

The number of times the past couple of seasons I've been praying not to rush a player back, be it Silva, Kompany or Aguero - to then see their name on the teamsheet, and 20 minutes in see them go down in a heap & miss the next 3,4,5 weeks, it's an all too familiar sight/feeling. Yes we play far better with these guys on, but having them miss 1 extra game to be 100% fit rather than risk them at 95% and then see them miss 5/6 games because of it is far more desirable in my eyes at least.

Hart
Sagna/Zab
Otamendi
MDM
Kolarov/Sagna

Fernando
Fernandinho

Sterling/Nasri
KdB
Navas

Aguero

That team I'd be plenty happy with. Play sensible & counter, we have pace with Sterling/Navas & good finishers in Aguero/KdB.

I wouldn't want to risk playing players who are not 100% fit to play but in this case I think Manuel will be forced to because this game is absolute must win, a loss and it could well be Europa League football or nothing in the new year.

Hart
Sagna/Zab
Otamendi
MDM
Kolarov/Sagna

Fernando
Fernandinho

Sterling/Nasri
KdB
Navas

Aguero

How do you know we haven't already done that?

Hart
Sagna/Zab
Otamendi
MDM
Kolarov/Sagna

Fernando
Fernandinho

Sterling/Nasri
KdB
Navas

Aguero

They won't be risked if they are not ready as have non of our players this season!

How do you know we haven't already done that?
I don't for this particular scenario, but it isn't rare to see "X player trains again with City" and then see that player immediately in for the next match. Maybe I'm just paranoid with all the injuries we're getting lately but we were criticised pretty heavily for rushing players back prematurely last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.