Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is 3-4-3 an option against Chelsea?

Italian Manc said:
Change the system for the first time in a game of this magnitude? I can't see it myself. We never go t to grips with playing it after months with Mancini in the 12/13 season.

I can't see it either to be honest. I agree about when Mancini tried it, but because Lescott and Richards were so shit on the ball, they looked completely clueless playing in a 3, so we reverted to full backs playing centre back, and they didn't look comfortable either.

At least with Kompany and DeMichelis, you know they could play that system easily, not sure about Mangala.

My concern is if we go with the team I expect us to:

Zabba..........Kompany.......Mangala....Clichy
Navas........Fernando......Dinho.......Milner
................................Silva
................................Aguero

Literally our only creativity is from Silva in the whole side. He'd be playing in exactly the position Matic wants him, he'd basically be man marking him. We'd have no chance of creating a chance from anywhere.

Also you're asking Fernando to be box to box, and I've been making the same point about him since August, he's simply nowhere near good enough to do that. Thankfully, everyone else seems to have clocked on to that now.

As others have mentioned, for our usual system to work, we need to have at least 2 of Yaya, Silva and Nasri available, because they are the only creative players in the entire squad. I think if we line up with the team above we've genuinely got no chance. We either need to pray Ivory Coast go out, or think of something different.

I agree with what bluechampion says, apply that and we have more than a good chance. Obviously minus nasri and yaya but with our quality, we will give them a tough game regardless of formation.

Re: Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs. Man City

extra time, good. Just need some more Chelsea injuries or maybe a red card? Followed by a moral busting win for the scousers.

Mancity1980 said:
extra time, good. Just need some more Chelsea injuries or maybe a red card? Followed by a moral busting win for the scousers.
Never ever will they lose three games in a week.

middleton___blue said:
I agree with what bluechampion says, apply that and we have more than a good chance. Obviously minus nasri and yaya but with our quality, we will give them a tough game regardless of formation.

I really hope you're right. I'm just doubtful that even the best attitude in the world won't stop Fernando being dreadful. And unfortunately Milner and Navas Vs Ivanovic and Azpulucueta is a complete mismatch.

25 mins for Chelsea to play for the 1 - 0. 1 - 1 written all over this game ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.