Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs. Man City

SouthStandCal said:
where's everyone drinking when they get off at Euston?

Chelsea have made all pubs close to ground 'Home Only'. We've sussed out The Finborough Arms, Kensington as worth trying before game as it just far enough away but 10-15 mins walking to ground and has Sky for the afternoon footie and okay with away fans.

mosssideblue said:
rapidCT said:
CC1 said:
Just post a pic wearing your current shirt - or your scarf - anything to prove your point & shoot him down in flames!! ......you do own something blue? Or are you a new fan? Even that's allowed if you admit it. :)
There are 3-4 users who constantly said I am a rag troll. So me, in my stupidity, I ve putted a picture (romanian national team, Rapid and City - t-shirts and scarfs) on an old facebook that I don t use any more - yes, I know- is very childish of me, but I hate being cal a rag or a new fan going for glory (I get it enough in romanian sites). Of course they said it s a new facebook page even though you can check it. I m a City fan since Dunne was the captain. Hope everyone will stop with this rag thing. https://www.facebook.com/rapidCT1

Then. I will hold my hands up and apologise. Welcome
Don t worry about it. Thank you, good to be here!

Cheltenham Paco said:
SouthStandCal said:
where's everyone drinking when they get off at Euston?

Chelsea have made all pubs close to ground 'Home Only'. We've sussed out The Finborough Arms, Kensington as worth trying before game as it just far enough away but 10-15 mins walking to ground and has Sky for the afternoon footie and okay with away fans.

Cheers mate, was thinking more stay around London central till about 4:30 then get the tube to the ground

mosssideblue said:
chris85mcfc said:
supercity88 said:
Both teams have concerns going into this. Our bad spell can't be underestimated. We clawed Chelsea back without key players and then just ran out of steam when Yaya and Nasri then were unable to play. Aguero takes a while to get up to speed, as does Kompany. We've drawn with Burnley from 2-0 up. Drew with Everton from 1-0 up (not a bad result). We've managed to just about beat Sunderland. We've lost to Boro and Arsenal.

Chelsea aren't in great form. Liverpool battered them by getting in their faces. Bradford fought back and exposed their weaknesses and this on the back of a not too distant loss to Spurs who also got at them. I think that shows quite clearly how we should play. We need pace, we need attacking players but we also need someone to sit and stop Chelsea from playing successfully on the counter.

So basically what you're saying is were fucked :)

In a roundabout way

Hardly, Maureen's tactics in big games are park the bus and nick it 1 - 0. I think if we score first they're fooked!

3 game ban for Costa retrospectively anyone?
We should be so lucky.

I've seen enough in this first half to believe we can create plenty of chances

Matic and Fabregas are getting pulled all over the place

I'll say it again..

Chelsea are WANK down the middle.

We have to make sure that's what we aim for as down the middle without Yaya was the part we were poor at last game.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
I'll say it again..

Chelsea are WANK down the middle.

We have to make sure that's what we aim for as down the middle without Yaya was the part we were poor at last game.

Agreed. We contain Matic, we win the game.

Is 3-4-3 an option against Chelsea?

I've been reading people's suggestions on possible starting line ups for Saturday, and don't feel confident with any of them. Looking at how Liverpool have frightened Chelsea to death in both legs, it got me thinking could 3-4-3 be a viable option for us for this one off game?

..........MDM.......Kompany........Mangala
Zaba..........Fernando.......Dinho.........Clichy
.............Silva..........Aguero..........Jovetic

Our bank of 4 would basically be playing against Chelsea's line of 3 with Hazard, Oscar and Willian. We'd be able to press them much higher up the pitch than with a back 4. Would mean Fernando could basically do a man marking, destroying job, which surely even he could manage. Leaving Dinho to take more responsibility to get on the ball.

It would leave the 3 centre halves to deal Costa, and cover if the wing backs got skinned.

It would allow Silva and Jovetic to drift in to spaces behind Mata and Fabregas where they are so hard to pick up, Coutinho did this brilliantly in the first leg. It would leave Aguero to use his excellent movement and pace to cause problems for Chelsea's slow centre halves.

I don't expect us to use this system, but we've got players who could do it just as well, if not better than Liverpool. I just think if we line up with a midfield of Fernando, Dinho, Navas and Milner we've got absolutely no chance.

Fabregas off injured...What are the odds of a miraculous recovery by Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.