Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
if we do lose this game i'm going straight to the bookies and backing us to win the title. odds will be great and chelsea will think they have won it, a little like the dippers last year when they beat us at klanfield. i dont see a defeat though, the only way we'll lose is down to clattencheat.

For once, and it prob won't happen again, I've a feeling that Crapps will not be working overtime to bend to CFC and Moaninho's bidding! Whether we are on the sweet end of the stick and not the shitty end remains to be seen.

Whats the best place to drink not fat from the ground ? Was thinking of heading to fulham or staying round euston ?

Whats the best place to drink not fat from the ground ? Was thinking of heading to fulham or staying round euston ?

We should only play the same team as against Arse if we are happy to allow them to have the majority of the ball and try and hit them on the break.

I think we will play that team and on balance it's probably the right thing to do but I am concerned that defensively we are not solid enough or disciplined enough for it to pay off. I hope Fernando gains some positional awareness and stops being caught out when we lose the ball. He needs to stay in his own half rather than being caught too far up the pitch and stop being caught in no man's land to have any use to us today.

Whilst I am not Navas's biggest fan, he is a good outlet away from home and if nothing else teams are frightened of his pace which tends to push them back a bit. He is our only attacking option out wide today so he has to play.

A performance in the same mould as against Roma away would be great, it's just a shame Nasri is injured.

On the other hand, could there be something to be said for playing Dzeko and Aguero up front and really going for it in the first 30 mins?Chelsea have not been that much better than us at the back recently. I have a feeling that Dzeko could be crucial in this match as he is an unknown quantity in many respects. He's not got going yet this season but he is due his annual purple patch. If he starts and plays well I think he will win the game for us.

I've been apprehensive all week about this game, especially given our recent form, but I've woke up this morning and have a really good feeling about it.

After a full weeks training, without any interruptions, the players minds should be completely focussed on this game. I can see Fernandinho having a blinder today (thought he played well at SB last year). Aguero will have had a week training, getting back to sharpness, which can only be a good thing.

i'm not sure i'd play Jovetic today, i think Stamford Bridge is the last place you want players trying fancy tricks and losing the ball, only to be caught on the counter attack.

............JH............
PZ....VK...MDM...GC
.....F'inho...F'ndo...
JN......DS......JM
........SA.............

jrb said:
On my way to London.

Think We'll surprise a few today. Chelsea will come out fired up. Too fired up. Can see a few of their players losing their heads, getting booked, and their fans getting irrate. We just need to keep our heads, stay calm, not get involved, play our game, and catch them on the break. Get involved and we will play right into their hands.

1-2 or 0-1. :-)

I'd hope that they play right into our hands rather than us playing into their hands.

I hope we go with a 5-man midfield and keep it tight and play on the break as you suggested.

I suspect Pellegrini might go with Dzeko and Aguero up front which would be a mistake. Either way I hope those predicting starts for Lampard and Kolarov are wrong. This isn't a game where either of them should be in the starting line-up.

lasereyes said:
CrownPointBlue said:
Question :
Would you trade Dzeko for Costa......yes or No.

One has won 2 PL titles
One has shown he can score goals at the business end of the season
One has shown he can bring the goods in big games
One is a human being

Enough said?

Get back to rawk!

be interesting to see the makeup of the city end, seems a lot of tickets have ended up in corporate hands. not known such a drought of tickets for a london away game in a while

de niro said:
if we do lose this game i'm going straight to the bookies and backing us to win the title. odds will be great and chelsea will think they have won it, a little like the dippers last year when they beat us at klanfield. i dont see a defeat though, the only way we'll lose is down to clattencheat.

Whatever the result is today, the title race will not be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.