Pre Match Thread: Chelsea vs City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blueband Brother said:
The key to this game as it has been for few months now or since the start of the season is set pieces- corners, free kicks and so on. Ivanovic is their main threat. We need to deal with Ivanovic and Terry on both sides of the pitch. If we do this then we should be good enough to get this win.

But we need to defend well, no slackers.

Set pieces?

Us or them , we need to keep a clean sheet pure and simple.

More cleans sheets and we have a chance at going back to back.

Continue to concede and we will have a real battle for top four on our hands.

People wanting 4-4-2 are crazy. Also people wanting to add Dzeko and Kolarov to a team that already lacks ball playing players (exspecially if Nasri isn't playing) would be mad, in my opinion. To many players prone to handing the opposition the ball to easily, it wouldn't be good.

mancity1 said:
Blueband Brother said:
The key to this game as it has been for few months now or since the start of the season is set pieces- corners, free kicks and so on. Ivanovic is their main threat. We need to deal with Ivanovic and Terry on both sides of the pitch. If we do this then we should be good enough to get this win.

Set pieces?

It is very clear that we will be in a much better position if we did better in set pieces. This is obvious and as I clearly stated earlier, we need to do it in both sides of the pitch i.e both offensively and defensively. Every team in the world wants to keep a clean sheet but I hope the set piece issue has been addressed as it will be very important against a team like Chelsea who is very dangerous from set pieces, with the likes of Terry and Ivanovic.

Blueband Brother said:
mancity1 said:
Blueband Brother said:

Set pieces?

It is very clear that we will be in a much better position if we did better in set pieces. This is obvious and as I clearly stated earlier, we need to do it in both sides of the pitch i.e both offensively and defensively. Every team in the world wants to keep a clean sheet but I hope the set piece issue has been addressed as it will be very important against a team like Chelsea who is very dangerous from set pieces, with the likes of Terry and Ivanovic.

We have to start keeping clean sheets simple as , today would be a good start.

No too worried about set pieces as long as they don't score any from them.

we will lose if we opt for 4-2-3-1 .. i repeat we will lose.

4-2-2-2 is the best setup to beat chelsea.

lets hope pellegrini gets it right.

mancity1 said:
Blueband Brother said:
mancity1 said:
Set pieces?

We have to start keeping clean sheets simple as , today would be a good start.

No too worried about set pieces as long as they don't score any from them.

And that is precisely the point I am making- we have been conceding too easy goals from set pieces and not capitalizing on the other end and this is a concern for this game. If we can deal with that then the chances of getting the three points will be greater.

There are many factors that dictate two bottom lines in football- Scoring and Conceding and if these factors are compromised in any way, then the likelihood of scoring ...or not conceding and ultimately winning the game is also affected. Defending properly from set pieces and being more productive from free kicks and corners will contribute to the bottom lines of scoring or not conceding.

If you don't see that we have had problems from set pieces then I cannot help you with that but as I said, doing better in that aspect of the game will increase our chances of getting the win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.