Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am always nervous playing against Mourinho because he seems to always get lucky. You can predict what is going to happen when you're watching the game. We will miss lots of chances and then they will score on the break against the run of play. I am just praying we can score an early goal against them because it changes the whole dynamic of the game and messes up Jose's whole plan.

You saw this in a nutshell in the 2 games in a week we played against them at home in Feb 2014. We had plenty of chances early on in the first game, failed to get a goal and became increasingly vulnerable to the counter. A week later in the cup, Jovetic got the opener after 16mins or so and the game became totally different.

There is no point over-chasing the game. 0-0 is not a bad result for us, especially if we can then go to Goodison and win there as we did in our title season.

I don't care how we play as long as we win the league.

You got lucky last year. Despite your raging start before defences figured out how to control Costa, we had caught you by New Years Day. But then Toure going to ACN coincided with a bunch of injuries, notably Aguero. The first of those definitely aint happening this year + we have improved more than you have in the off-season. I see this season being more similar to 2013/14 than last year. Think you'll struggle to break down well organized teams and will drop a fair few points like Swansea last week.

I don't care how we play as long as we win the league.

So you don't subscribe to football being entertainment? That says it all about your fcukin outfit.

If your gobby cnut of a manager was half as good as he thinks he is, he'd try to win the league playing enterprising football. As did Manuel in 2014. And as he will again this season.

But no; Mourinho needs an open cheque book, a packed defence and an obsequious Press who treat every worthless word as the work of a psychological genius.

So you don't subscribe to football being entertainment? That says it all about your fcukin outfit.

If your gobby cnut of a manager was half as good as he thinks he is, he'd try to win the league playing enterprising football. As did Manuel in 2014. And as he will again this season.

But no; Mourinho needs an open cheque book, a packed defence and an obsequious Press who treat every worthless word as the work of a psychological genius.
Mourinho's teams have never played enterprising football.

I'd go 4-2-3-1

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov
Denayer
Fernandinho
Sterling
Silva
Yaya
Bony (Aguero)
It's teams like this that make me laugh.

Like how people were predicting Zuculini and Evans to play against West Brom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.