Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of matching their formation but I think that could just lead to a stalemate. We're the home side so I'd prefer we try and win the game by playing a more attacking lineup. As long as we fight to win the ball back quickly and don't over commit going forward we can deal with Fabregas, Hazard, Willian and Costa and we've then got Yaya and Silva in central areas with plenty of attacking options for Chelsea to try to deal with.
I am always nervous playing against Mourinho because he seems to always get lucky. You can predict what is going to happen when you're watching the game. We will miss lots of chances and then they will score on the break against the run of play. I am just praying we can score an early goal against them because it changes the whole dynamic of the game and messes up Jose's whole plan.

A lot of Chelsea fans seem to think they will play Matic and Zouma in front of the back 4 so I would go like for like and put Nando and Dinho in DM for extra protection. Last season Kompany and Mangala dominated Costa so I would keep the same CB partnership. Sagna is probably the safer option at RB as Zaba usually has a nightmare against Hazard. Sterling on the left will cause Ivanovic all kinds of problems. Going forward, Touré, Sterling, Silva, Aguero should be too much for them to cope with imo.

...............................Hart................................
Sagna..........Kompany..........Mangala..........Kolarov
.................Fernando.......Fernandinho................
..........................Yaya Touré............................
...................Silva...............Sterling...................
............................Aguero...............................

Same for me, but start Bony. Sterlings pace pushes them deep. Bony is very dangers that close to the box. Especially the way we pass it round. He's strong enough to bully Terry.

Same for me, but start Bony. Sterlings pace pushes them deep. Bony is very dangers that close to the box. Especially the way we pass it round. He's strong enough to bully Terry.

We have so many attacking and midfield options that it could be wise to start Bony who can give Terry and Cahill a physical battle and then once they've had that for 60minutes put on Aguero who will give them an all together different test. Having said that, Aguero is the one who is more likely to win us the game from nothing so it would be a huge call to not start him for this one.

There were times on Monday where our CM was pretty much empty and ripe for a counter. WBA lacked the quality to make us pay.

We played well and CFC look average but they will still rip through us on the counter if we are not careful. A good old bus parking is ideal for them given their lack of form.

There were times on Monday where our CM was pretty much empty and ripe for a counter. WBA lacked the quality to make us pay.

We played well and CFC look average but they will still rip through us on the counter if we are not careful. A good old bus parking is ideal for them given their lack of form.

Agree with this.

I also thought we gave too many cheap fouls away in and around the box which led to some decent set piece chances for WBA.

It is up the manager how he sets up the team and who he picks for starting 11. He should know the strength and the weakness of his team.
Lets see if he goes with two on top or more cover in the middle.

Agree with this.

I also thought we gave too many cheap fouls away in and around the box which led to some decent set piece chances for WBA.

I see Atkinson is the ref. Dean was lenient on Monday night(some say too lenient especially the WBA sub ?.) but I really hope Ferny 1 stops giving stupid free kicks away.
Atkinson will want to impress his "watchers" - big game etc...Hope he refs. well. Maureen will have his usual moans , especially if Pellers comes out on top.
I can see Sagna playing also.

There is a possibility that this could be Maureens last game in charge of Chelsea ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.