Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd largely agree with that, aguero in for bony is the only change I'd make, f'do in for navas would not surprise me but I would prefer navas.

totally agree , I think Mourinho will see this as a must not lose. Be positive , we have out played them in last 3 or so games we are due a win.

The press are making out that there's trouble at the Inn over at Chelsea, Jose v Eva , José v Roman, Jose v the player's if that's the case we've gotta take advantage which I'm sure we will try and do, draw wouldn't be the end of the world . Come on blue's. .

The press are making out that there's trouble at the Inn over at Chelsea, Jose v Eva , José v Roman, Jose v the player's if that's the case we've gotta take advantage which I'm sure we will try and do, draw wouldn't be the end of the world . Come on blue's. .

This whole scenario regarding Chelsea is Mourinho to a tee.
Chelsea drew 2-2 at home in their first game defending the title against mid-table opponents, plus both there goals were extremely fortunate to say the least.

Yet non of that has hardly been mentioned at all, thanks to Mourinho causing this storm with the medics. It's what he does, he purposely deflects attention away from his players. Although I don't think he intended for this to escalate quite like it has.

I am being quite pessimistic and cynical when I say it wouldn't surprise one bit if Chelsea grab a win on Sunday, it's just how Mourinho operates.

Goes without saying that I'd absolutely love us to smash them 4-0, however.

I think these games suit Chelsea. They can just it back and defend and hit us on the break, and there will be more space than usual for them to counter-attack

Therefore expecting an extra man in midfield. Fernando if he's fit? A pity Delph is still out

I think we can beat Chelsea with the same lineup as Monday (but Aguero in for Bony).

People may be wary of the parked bus and counter attack but it's such an obvious strategy we really should be prepared for it.

Fernandinho should sit just in front of our centre backs, Kolarov and Sagna should stay disciplined and not get caught too far up the pitch. With Yaya, Silva, Aguero, Sterling and Navas there is still plenty of width and creativity in the side. If we are to play that way though, Silva and Yaya will have to work extremely hard to cover defensively.

We'll get that from Sterling and Navas though. A point is fine for both sides. But a win, and a 5pt gap after two games would be an excellent start considering we then go to Everton. Three games at the start of the season that aren't the easiest.

Can't understand those Blues saying a draw would be OK when a win would give such a huge psychological boost. Not to mention 3 points difference and a 5-point gap, which could be crucial when push comes to shove at the end of the season.

If Chelski lose, some of Maureen's erstwhile press darlings will start sniffing around. We can sit back and enjoy watching the cnut squirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.