Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Only Concern is Mourinho is clever and Twisted at the same time. Costa was supposedly injured until he started the next day. He knows how to use the press to his advantage.

Him not saying a word since this incident has let the press speculate so much and do the mind games for him, that it may get into our heads that they are all over the place and we just have to turn up.. In real terms, they could have kissed and made up the next day and everything is hunky dorey.

We can't be complacent, we have stay focused.

From Mark Booth on the OS:

'This time, one would imagine City will go with three in the middle in a bid to have more control of the game and, with Yaya looking like he’s ready to take on the world at The Hawthorns, we could be set up for an epic battle with Matic.'

Although I agree that we should go three in the middle, who is there to play alongside Yaya and Fernandinho?

Delph is injured and there's been no mention of Fernando's injury (assuming he is injured - hopefully Pellegrini clarifies in his press conference).

Maybe Nasri will come in but he tends to slow the game down (which is no bad thing sometimes) and this will allow Chelsea time to set-up defensively.

Also, I'm not sure how much Nasri will be able to offer defensively.

Demichelis then, maybe?

From Mark Booth on the OS:

'This time, one would imagine City will go with three in the middle in a bid to have more control of the game and, with Yaya looking like he’s ready to take on the world at The Hawthorns, we could be set up for an epic battle with Matic.'

Although I agree that we should go three in the middle, who is there to play alongside Yaya and Fernandinho?

Delph is injured and there's been no mention of Fernando's injury (assuming he is injured - hopefully Pellegrini clarifies in his press conference).

Maybe Nasri will come in but he tends to slow the game down (which is no bad thing sometimes) and this will allow Chelsea time to set-up defensively.

Also, I'm not sure how much Nasri will be able to offer defensively.

Demichelis then, maybe?

Would he throw zuculini in? As you say maybe demichelis will be in midfield although he had a nightmare when he played in there for a full game against Chelsea 13-14 season.

Set pieces we will have to be in top form because that will be one of there main prone of attack with the diving there players do!

Would he throw zuculini in? As you say maybe demichelis will be in midfield although he had a nightmare when he played in there for a full game against Chelsea 13-14 season.

I don't think Zuculini will be in Pellegrini's plans this season - just my opinion though.

I think he would have been at least on the bench on Monday if he was going to feature.

Demichelis would be risky - it was fine on Monday because the game was over and he was able to just move the ball around with no pressure and didn't have to chase the ball.

However, it will be a different story against Hazard and Fabregas.

This whole scenario regarding Chelsea is Mourinho to a tee.
Chelsea drew 2-2 at home in their first game defending the title against mid-table opponents, plus both there goals were extremely fortunate to say the least.

Yet non of that has hardly been mentioned at all, thanks to Mourinho causing this storm with the medics. It's what he does, he purposely deflects attention away from his players. Although I don't think he intended for this to escalate quite like it has.
It's what he's so good at. Whenever his players put on a poor performance, he deflects the attention away from them immediately and the media buy into it every time. It was so predictable after the result last week that he'd come up with something so unusual that everyone would completely ignore the fact that Chelsea's two goals were fortunate and Swansea could've had more. It is clever, but I don't see how the media don't realise what he's doing by now.

I'd go with the same XI from last week to carry on the confidence we showed and go at them right from the start, stating the obvious but getting the first goal will be vital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.