Pre-Match Thread: City vs Houston - 01:30am Tonight GAME OFF

so whats our next pre season friendly? I didnt find yet a pre season fixture list. Given league starts bit early (8th of August) early July we should already play friendlies.

Next 2 (I think) are:

July 21: Roma (International Champions Cup - MCG, Melbourne)

July 24: Barcelona (International Champions Cup - MCG, Melbourne)

If the referee deems it unplayable then it doesn't get played. Often local ref may have a look early doors but it the match ref can still call it off.

I doubt the drainage is very good in Texas or the under soil heating for that matter.

This in every way. Checked in the AM - saw Dynamo still (rather aggressively) promoting this as going forward. Drove four hours. Had to turn around and head right back. But add two extra hours just to escape from Houston at that diabolical time for traffic.

That said, I figured this was a possibility. And I would rather not haveone of our lads tear up his knee playing on some dodgy field. That was more or less the start of Nastasic's downfall a few years ago. Got hurt playing on a mud pit in Hong Kong IIRC.

Still - with the NYCFC project I'd imagine we in the US will get many chances to see summer friendlies over the years.

Agreed. The biggest kick in the teeth wasn't that it was cancelled, but the manner in which it was cancelled.
If the referee deems it unplayable then it doesn't get played. Often local ref may have a look early doors but it the match ref can still call it off.

I doubt the drainage is very good in Texas or the under soil heating for that matter.

Depends where you are, Texas is 8 times bigger than England. But you're write about Houston, it's at sea level so it's a swamp....the humidity and mosquitoes are terrible.

When is the next post season friendly? Or isn't there one?
The game vs Toronto was the last one. However, there are a lot of youth tournaments now City participate in + international matches

so whats our next pre season friendly? I didnt find yet a pre season fixture list. Given league starts bit early (8th of August) early July we should already play friendlies.
We'll play Adelaida United behind closed doors on July 15. A very strange decision. Hopefully there'll be a training camp in Austria and a friendly there (or something like that)

The game vs Toronto was the last one. However, there are a lot of youth tournaments now City participate in + international matches

We'll play Adelaida United behind closed doors on July 15. A very strange decision. Hopefully there'll be a training camp in Austria and a friendly there (or something like that)

i thought we were playing in new york?

i thought we were playing in new york?
No, we only send the squad (or some players) there to watch NYCFC playing their MLS game. They have won only 1 out of 8 or 10 games by the way and that is probably why we didn't play a friendly with them. Some say that they lacked Lampard and (it may sound weird) Man CIty may not be given a warm reception there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.