Pre-Match Thread: City vs Houston - 01:30am Tonight GAME OFF

Welp, that sucks, 3 hour drive to pull into the parking lot to be told the game was canceled. Never turned the car off. Drove 3 hours home... Gutted doesn't even do it justice, :(

I thought about flying there from SF to go with a Houston Blue who is an old mate. Really glad I didn't make that effort now.

Gutted for all the blues over the pond who made the effort, maybe it will be reschedule looking at the wording on the OS

All buyers may also formally request ticket exchanges or refunds for tickets purchased through the team’s customer service department by calling 713-276-7500 or by emailing info@houstondynamo.com within 30 days. ?

Gutted for all the blues over the pond who made the effort, maybe it will be reschedule looking at the wording on the OS

All buyers may also formally request ticket exchanges or refunds for tickets purchased through the team’s customer service department by calling 713-276-7500 or by emailing info@houstondynamo.com within 30 days. ?

That wording looks like we've played our last game this season, gutted for our American fans but as a famous manager once said 'ex football'.

Woke up at 01.00 and went back to sleep so no real harm for me but if the game was doubtful couldn't they have played at where the Oilers play/used to play on Astro turf? I'd imagine the crowd would have squeezed inside.

Genuinely gutted for all you USA blues. Agree more could have been done to inform fans. You would have thought they would have inspected the pitch the night before and again that morning and knew there was a decent chance game would be off. You'd expect a courtesy tweet or text or OS update from the club to say 'Yey or Nay' or just to inform that ref is doing a pitch inspection. Get the impression that didn't happen?

Perhaps rose tinted glasses from the Houston/organisers hierarchy who really, really wanted the game to be on and so turned a blind eye to just how bad the pitch was. Money talks. Maybe the pitch was just caught by a deluge before the ref inspected it, and it's bad luck. Who knows.

Gutting for everyone though, in particularly the fans and in particular those who travelled far to get there. Hopefully they will find a time to play the game again in the future.

Last edited:
http://m.chron.com/sports/dynamo/article/Dynamo-Charities-Cup-match-canceled-6292626.php

Here's an article about the cancellation. It's very 'green-eyed' journalism that takes lazily tries to proportion the blame on City, AC Milan and the weather and completely negates leaving any blame at the feet of the club, whose stadium and pitch and organisation it was.

The old 'looks good enough to me' approach doesn't work for top level football. You'd have thought that lesson would have been learnt from AC Milan

http://m.chron.com/sports/dynamo/article/Dynamo-Charities-Cup-match-canceled-6292626.php

Here's an article about the cancellation. It's very 'green-eyed' journalism that takes lazily tries to proportion the blame on City, AC Milan and the weather and completely negates leaving any blame at the feet of the club, whose stadium and pitch and organisation it was.

The old 'looks good enough to me' approach doesn't work for top level football. You'd have thought that lesson would have been learnt from AC Milan

Is it written by a Guardian journo?.....can't even get the headline spelling correct.

In no way do I harbor any frustration with City. They have half a billion dollars worth of precious inventory they are responsible to, and this was a meaningless game for them. I too think Dynamo were going to try and "make it work" so they waited until the last possible second. I have a feeling when city officials saw the pitch first hand they said, "hell no". Considering half the state is in a flood crisis they should have just canceled this game 24 hours in advance instead of waiting until the last possible second. I know I can get a refund for the ticket, but I could give two shits about the money, I just wanted to see my team play, and who knows when they will come close again. Next year if they do another U.S. tour, I am not going to miss a game.

In no way do I harbor any frustration with City. They have half a billion dollars worth of precious inventory they are responsible to, and this was a meaningless game for them. I too think Dynamo were going to try and "make it work" so they waited until the last possible second. I have a feeling when city officials saw the pitch first hand they said, "hell no". Considering half the state is in a flood crisis they should have just canceled this game 24 hours in advance instead of waiting until the last possible second. I know I can get a refund for the ticket, but I could give two shits about the money, I just wanted to see my team play, and who knows when they will come close again. Next year if they do another U.S. tour, I am not going to miss a game.

This in every way. Checked in the AM - saw Dynamo still (rather aggressively) promoting this as going forward. Drove four hours. Had to turn around and head right back. But add two extra hours just to escape from Houston at that diabolical time for traffic.

That said, I figured this was a possibility. And I would rather not haveone of our lads tear up his knee playing on some dodgy field. That was more or less the start of Nastasic's downfall a few years ago. Got hurt playing on a mud pit in Hong Kong IIRC.

Still - with the NYCFC project I'd imagine we in the US will get many chances to see summer friendlies over the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.