Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a feeling sagna will be ready for this game. He played for 10 min after getting injured, so it's probably just a precaution.

Kun has to start this game though. He played really well against Bolivia and only came on around the 75 min mark against Mexico, scoring one and assisting another. Wouldn't shock me if he scored a brace against palace in his current form.

I would be surprised if debruyne were to start though, considering he hasn't had much time to train with his teammates and navas has been in good form. This is especially true considering palace have been playing well.

My guess is that it'll be 3-1 city

@MadchesterCity
Great again mate. It must take you ages. I do think think though as time goes on your Op is going to get smaller and smaller until the final game will be just
'City v away team thread'

Hahahaha cheers mate, this week was a struggle as I have had a sore neck so tried to limit amount of time spent on PC

Champions v away team (hopefully)

The problem for kun and fdinho will be jet lag. I don't see how they can do it. I'd save them both for juve.

I think it would be a big risk playing any of the South Americans who have been away, 2 days recovery and then a fast paced PL game is asking for trouble. Of course with limited options it might be a risk we have to take!

Most agree some players need a rest to try and get the best possible 11 to be totally fit vs Juventus. So there's two ways really: Start your best 11 and bring on the subs early. Or start with a rotated team and if needed bring on the (so far) regulars. The former option gets my vote. I rather defend than chase.

Bringing on Otamendi (out of position) and De Bruyne (not been training a lot with the squad) is a risk. However Pedro had a decent debut in an awaygame in what looks a very unsettled Chelsea-team. I don't want to think we play a kind of game that is too easily to be unsettled by two or three changes, even if the ones to come on are brand new.

I'd still play Maffeo before Otamendi, simply because of the fact Maffeo is a rightback and Kompany thrives on playing next to young players to protect and support them. I would however play Navas as well in front of Maffeo as Navas hardly ever fails to do his defensive duty. He has been too good a servant to be dropped straight away. Let De Bruyne come on as a sub. Otamendi needs to be patient.

As hard as it will be, I find there are no easy places to go to in the PL. Palace had a great start and a fantastic result at Chelsea. They are however not a title-chasing team. Maybe they are a little bit over-confident and that might suit us. Another clean sheeet would mean at least a point. Taking another 4 wins out of the next 4 and we show everybody international games, CL or LC-games won't disturb our squad. Even if we take them in a very professional way and leave the excitement for what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.