Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to keep the shape and the core of the winning team as much as possible but this is first in a long run of playing twice a week. I’d change the south americans (due to jet lag) and sagna (injured?) for the best like for like we have and that would mean Nacho, Fernando and Maffeo coming in. Subs wise I’d look to bring in KDB after 65mins so he gets a good run out. We don’t have many options in defensive midfield so to close the game out I’d be tempted to bring on Otamendi and push company in to a defensive midfield position. I would try to avoid using Kun and Fdinho so they are 100% fit for Juve. 2 full debuts and 2 debuts of the bench in my game plan!

Nacho
Sterling Silva Navas
F’do Yaya
Kolarov Mangala Kompany Maffeo
Hart

Subs, KDB, Otamendi, Kun, F’dinho, Nacho

I think we need to keep the shape and the core of the winning team as much as possible but this is first in a long run of playing twice a week. I’d change the south americans (due to jet lag) and sagna (injured?) for the best like for like we have and that would mean Nacho, Fernando and Maffeo coming in. Subs wise I’d look to bring in KDB after 65mins so he gets a good run out. We don’t have many options in defensive midfield so to close the game out I’d be tempted to bring on Otamendi and push company in to a defensive midfield position. I would try to avoid using Kun and Fdinho so they are 100% fit for Juve. 2 full debuts and 2 debuts of the bench in my game plan!

Nacho
Sterling Silva Navas
F’do Yaya
Kolarov Mangala Kompany Maffeo
Hart

Subs, KDB, Otamendi, Kun, F’dinho, Nacho

Nachos so good you named him twice ;)

Hmmm this is a tricky selection for Pellegrini. Otamendi doesn't look ready to come straight into our team, out of position, against Bolasie. So does he risk it, or go for Maffeo, or try to shoe horn somebody else in there? Either way, we could be vulnerable. Toughest game of the season so far, especially with the break disrupting our momentum.

I don't think there has been any confirmation that Sagna is out, but if he is then it comes down to either Otamendi or Maffeo. For the poster above who hasn't heard of Maffeo he was runner up as our EDS player of the year and is a very tough tackler who reads a game exceptionally well. I personally hope that Manuel goes with Maffeo as he is a natural right back, as opposed to Otamendi, who would be shoehorned into the position and isn't up to speed through a lack of playing time.

In regard to the rest of the team I would back the players that have won four straight. It's only early days in the season and I don't think our players would be anywhere near burnt out. This means I reckon Kev will be on the bench and come on either at half time or part way through the second half.

If sagna not fit the young lad should be playing 100%

Can't agree.

We saw the young lad the other week for Everton (a decent prospect) get absolutely mullered by Navas.

I'd actually think it could work with Navas, with De Bruyne ahead of him to keep Bolaise thinking about going the other way.

I've seen Gareth Barry be very effective at right-back and I've seen milk turn quicker.

Our biggest issue will be from set-pieces on that back stick. Sagna is very underrated in the air and who's Joe gonna make that stupid kick-out to now?

If Aguero needs to be rested, perhaps we could go without a striker like last season and have the likes of Sterling and Silva taking it in turns to break the lines?

Due to internationals this fixture just got much harder.
I can see Kun being rested and Otanmendi looked anything like being up to the speed of the premiership let alone playing out of position
no Sagna will be a massive blow as he as been instrumental in our attack and stretching teams so far this season.
Delph will be a big miss even if it would have been the last thirty mins

Can't agree.

We saw the young lad the other week for Everton (a decent prospect) get absolutely mullered by Navas.

I'd actually think it could work with Navas, with De Bruyne ahead of him to keep Bolaise thinking about going the other way.

I've seen Gareth Barry be very effective at right-back and I've seen milk turn quicker.

Our biggest issue will be from set-pieces on that back stick. Sagna is very underrated in the air and who's Joe gonna make that stupid kick-out to now?

If Aguero needs to be rested, perhaps we could go without a striker like last season and have the likes of Sterling and Silva taking it in turns to break the lines?

Interesting Navas at RB? I presume we will have the majority of the ball so Palace will be running into the space behind whoever is our RB and it will be Kompany covering that side or a midfielder, playing the lad for me won't make much of a difference.

Aguero only played the last 5-10 mins for Argentina, so I can't see why he would need to be rested. Silva actually looked much more tired last night, to me.

I agree it would appear to be a sensible choice to stick with Navas, if Sagna is missing. A new right side with Otamendi or Maffeo at rb, is asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.