Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your sources are correct and i was just about to post the same, he must be a kid if he doesn't know where the local watering holes are?
No not a kid, too old and moved out of the area, and never drink in the weather's. Can't stand them. Good selection of beers though

Nice post.

The reason city fans are possibly a bit pessimistic is the first 4 wins game on the back of 4 identical sides and playing fresh with lots of rest in-between. We now have 7 games in 21 days and that’s on the back of an international break where a big chunk of our players have been over in the states and we lost Delph with a hamstring and might have lost Sagna who was our only fit right back. With a key game against Juve on Wednesday that will set the tone for our season in the CL Its very difficult to predict what we will do in terms of team selection on Saturday. Arguments for sticking to the winning team are hard to dismiss but with all the traveling and games coming up rotating the squad and resting key players will come in to consideration.
True that Juve game will be seriously on your managers mind. I forgot about the CL. You are giving me a bit of hope ;)

Palace fan here

Rating your play this year. I have backed you for the CL. Sterling seems to have added two players to your team. And I think the European teams won't know what's hit them if you stop the bollix and believe in yourselves.

I don't hate any club. I enjoy good football. And your football has to be admired

We are OK, but we are not close to your level this season.

I would be happy at a 2 goal loss. I can't believe some of you are OK with a point.

The Holmesdale posters are OK in small doses , some are top palace fans, some are nobs and can't see the wood for the trees, I prefer to chat on forums that talk about all teams. But anyway I read yours some times so I thought I would post.

I would be over the ' bluemoon' if we got a point of you. But it won't happen. Sterling wasn't at his best yesterday , but why did he need to be. England have qualified and it was ony the Swiss, who are hugely overated. The only chance we have is if you hit us hard but get unlucky or finish bad and we take you on the break. But even still. Nah we won't beat you.

Last season you were not a great team and we deserved what we got of you. This season. And this game 0pts for he mighty palace.

Palace are more than okay, they are a decent team in a good place. The Chelsea win wasn't a fluke, even if Chelsea were poor, and Arsenal had to work hard to get a result.

We will have to do exactly the same. A lot of blues are looking at this one in the same way as we looked at the trip to Goodison - and when you think about it, that's more than a back handed compliment. We've then got Juve in the CL midweek and West Ham at home next Saturday - who have already beaten Arsenal and Liverpool away. Make no mistake, we look at this week as comprising three winnable but very very tough matches.

Sterling was decidedly average for England in the week but he has been excellent for us and we expect him to be back to his best on Saturday. Most blues would say that this is the result of playing with better players. If reports of Joel Ward being out for 3-4 weeks are true that may be a real problem for you - depending on what your cover for Ward is like.

COjNkrgWUAA9pOK.jpg

Good to see not only Maffeo involved in training (which is quite understandable), but also Fernando seemingly participating fully.

Have posted on the Palace thread on the General Forum, but no harm repeating, does anyone know which away friendly pubs show the dinner time and 5 30 matches near Thornton Heath station, or near the ground?

I'm hoping to watch Aberdeen v Celtic game at The Albion, the William Stanley said they wont be showing Televised matches when Palace play at home.

Can any confirm if correct or not?

Ward has been the weakest in defence this season but quite well in attack (not his main job though) so I am not overly worried as I would have been worried anyway.

I think jedi needs to play. A great interceptor . But i wouldn't play him against a team similar to us in ability . As long as he intercepts and smashes it it's fine. His passing isn't great so zero point trying anyhing bar smashing it up field of straight to Cabaye. But although Cabaye is a massive scalp and could have even aided a team like united . Toure has been the boss again and made matic look like a league 1 player.

Sterling took it easy and you are right. He proved what he can do with quality for a season with Liverpool and 4 games with you. Dann is underated though. But yeah our right side will get mullerd by sterling. Our tatics will be I am sure park the bus and hope for the counter . I think Cabaye will have little influence after watching what you did to matic. We will Sit back and get it to Zaha , bolasie, sako or souare who can leg it with the ball.

Last edited:
Palace are more than okay, they are a decent team in a good place. The Chelsea win wasn't a fluke, even if Chelsea were poor, and Arsenal had to work hard to get a result.

We will have to do exactly the same. A lot of blues are looking at this one in the same way as we looked at the trip to Goodison - and when you think about it, that's more than a back handed compliment. We've then got Juve in the CL midweek and West Ham at home next Saturday - who have already beaten Arsenal and Liverpool away. Make no mistake, we look at this week as comprising three winnable but very very tough matches.

Sterling was decidedly average for England in the week but he has been excellent for us and we expect him to be back to his best on Saturday. Most blues would say that this is the result of playing with better players. If reports of Joel Ward being out for 3-4 weeks are true that may be a real problem for you - depending on what your cover for Ward is like.

It is three winnable games but I think the key one is Juve. I’d take a boring nil nil at palace if it meant we could get a 1-0 win and look good against Juve. We always make hard work of CL groups and it would be a massive boost if we could boss the group for a change and qualify with a couple of games to go.
West ham have had a great start but I’m hoping the new manager factor will be wearing thin by the time we play them and if they try and take us on they might be in for a schooling in attacking football.

Palace fan here

Rating your play this year. I have backed you for the CL. Sterling seems to have added two players to your team. And I think the European teams won't know what's hit them if you stop the bollix and believe in yourselves.

I don't hate any club. I enjoy good football. And your football has to be admired

We are OK, but we are not close to your level this season.

I would be happy at a 2 goal loss. I can't believe some of you are OK with a point.

The Holmesdale posters are OK in small doses , some are top palace fans, some are nobs and can't see the wood for the trees, I prefer to chat on forums that talk about all teams. But anyway I read yours some times so I thought I would post.

I would be over the ' bluemoon' if we got a point of you. But it won't happen. Sterling wasn't at his best yesterday , but why did he need to be. England have qualified and it was ony the Swiss, who are hugely overated. The only chance we have is if you hit us hard but get unlucky or finish bad and we take you on the break. But even still. Nah we won't beat you.

Last season you were not a great team and we deserved what we got of you. This season. And this game 0pts for he mighty palace.

got to agree, a draw would be a huge result for us and that Chelsea win won't make me much more confident of getting anything against City. Honestly lads, you're bloody scary this season. Sterling looks like an inspired signing (who really cares about the price tag anyway?) and he'll give Kelly problems down that side. As long as we go for it like we did against Chelsea I'd be happy and I don't see why Pardew won't do so.

as for forums, The BBS is the bigger and better Palace forum. Less nutters on there. holmesdale.net is a bit UKIP...

Good luck for the season, I'd like to see you win it again. Can't be having United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea winning it, as a fanbase I have a lot more respect for City than those.

We'll win the league games but the Juve one worries me. Poor start for them but good players in the squad and they'll be well up for it.

Back on topic I strongly fancy Kun to grab an early goal in a 2-1 or 2-0 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.