Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm, my sources are telling me that the Flora Sandes near Thornton Heath rail station and The William Stanley near Norwood Junction rail station are both Wethers pubs ;)
I went to a pub last season which I was under the Impression was a spoons? Walking distance to the ground aswell

Palace fan here

Rating your play this year. I have backed you for the CL. Sterling seems to have added two players to your team. And I think the European teams won't know what's hit them if you stop the bollix and believe in yourselves.

I don't hate any club. I enjoy good football. And your football has to be admired

We are OK, but we are not close to your level this season.

I would be happy at a 2 goal loss. I can't believe some of you are OK with a point.

The Holmesdale posters are OK in small doses , some are top palace fans, some are nobs and can't see the wood for the trees, I prefer to chat on forums that talk about all teams. But anyway I read yours some times so I thought I would post.

I would be over the ' bluemoon' if we got a point of you. But it won't happen. Sterling wasn't at his best yesterday , but why did he need to be. England have qualified and it was ony the Swiss, who are hugely overated. The only chance we have is if you hit us hard but get unlucky or finish bad and we take you on the break. But even still. Nah we won't beat you.

Last season you were not a great team and we deserved what we got of you. This season. And this game 0pts for he mighty palace.

Nice post.

The reason city fans are possibly a bit pessimistic is the first 4 wins game on the back of 4 identical sides and playing fresh with lots of rest in-between. We now have 7 games in 21 days and that’s on the back of an international break where a big chunk of our players have been over in the states and we lost Delph with a hamstring and might have lost Sagna who was our only fit right back. With a key game against Juve on Wednesday that will set the tone for our season in the CL Its very difficult to predict what we will do in terms of team selection on Saturday. Arguments for sticking to the winning team are hard to dismiss but with all the traveling and games coming up rotating the squad and resting key players will come in to consideration.

Have posted on the Palace thread on the General Forum, but no harm repeating, does anyone know which away friendly pubs show the dinner time and 5 30 matches near Thornton Heath station, or near the ground?

Hmmmmm, my sources are telling me that the Flora Sandes near Thornton Heath rail station and The William Stanley near Norwood Junction rail station are both Wethers pubs ;)

Your sources are correct and i was just about to post the same, he must be a kid if he doesn't know where the local watering holes are?

Looks like Ward is out for them so not just us with problems at RB. Cabaye is fit to play and Jedinak is back in training. Perhaps this point has been overlooked also, Bolasie has only just got back from international duty (according to the palace forum) so hopefully he will not start.

Last edited:
Nice post.

The reason city fans are possibly a bit pessimistic is the first 4 wins game on the back of 4 identical sides and playing fresh with lots of rest in-between. We now have 7 games in 21 days and that’s on the back of an international break where a big chunk of our players have been over in the states and we lost Delph with a hamstring and might have lost Sagna who was our only fit right back. With a key game against Juve on Wednesday that will set the tone for our season in the CL Its very difficult to predict what we will do in terms of team selection on Saturday. Arguments for sticking to the winning team are hard to dismiss but with all the traveling and games coming up rotating the squad and resting key players will come in to consideration.
Thought Juventus at home was Tuesday.

I used to live in an anerley and now live east London. Weather's are buying every pub up. There should be good as well for city fans as the palace lads mainly chill in the pubs at the junction off he road going up to upper norward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.