Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get the appeal of Nasri ahead of KDB. Nasri is great on his day but he tends to play a slow possession game and we have stepped it up in pace this year with Silva / Navas starting wide in every game. KDB is a better player than Nasri but in addition he is a much better natural fit now and this is a perfect opportunity for him! Get him in from the start.
The issue is has KDB had time to intigreat with the team?

Silva being out is a big miss & Palace are playing well at the moment, so this will be a tough game. However with the players we have, we should be more than capable of going there and beating them. Fancy us to beat them by a goal, think they will probably score though.

I don’t get the appeal of Nasri ahead of KDB. Nasri is great on his day but he tends to play a slow possession game and we have stepped it up in pace this year with Silva / Navas starting wide in every game. KDB is a better player than Nasri but in addition he is a much better natural fit now and this is a perfect opportunity for him! Get him in from the start.
Based on what? YouTube clips, his performances in Bundesliga, a few games for Belgium?

Don't get me wrong I think KDB is great and will be great for us, but Nasri is proven in the PL & has played well in the few minutes he's had so far. What would it say to him if he was immediately behind KDB? When he's come on he's worked hard and showed his worth, for me it would be pretty harsh for him not to start.

Saying that if KDB does start I'll be excited to see how he gets on. Both are great players & we'll still be a strong 11 whomever plays.

The appeal of Nasri ahead of KDB is that at some point in the season, every player will have their moment where they are important and need to deliver. For them to deliver they need to be content, happy with the manager and their role in the squad. So Nasri should start a game before KDB does, not only for squad harmony, but that is the main reason for me. It just seems like the right decision. He scored against Everton, and should be given the chance to step it up a notch v Palace. Didn't his best run of form for City come when Silva was out one time and Nasri played centrally? I'm sure that was the case. I'd definitely start Nasri v Palace, bring KDB on with 20 minutes left, and then start Kev v Juventus. Squad game these days. We only played a settled team so far because it was one game per week. Now the rotation begins.

Based on what? YouTube clips, his performances in Bundesliga, a few games for Belgium?

Don't get me wrong I think KDB is great and will be great for us, but Nasri is proven in the PL & has played well in the few minutes he's had so far. What would it say to him if he was immediately behind KDB? When he's come on he's worked hard and showed his worth, for me it would be pretty harsh for him not to start.

Saying that if KDB does start I'll be excited to see how he gets on. Both are great players & we'll still be a strong 11 whomever plays.

Nasri has had the past few years to prove he can play at a top level consistently on a regular basis, only to let us down leaving a lot of us thinking he has never reached his potential. It's time for KDBs turn.

Honestly i've got no time for Nasri, yeah he's impressed when he's come on so far this season but it'd be typical for him to impress off the bench and then as soon as he gets a good run of games starting he goes back to his lacklustre self half the time.

If we were talking about a defender or defensive midfielder then maybe there is more risk but for a No10 its easier to slot in. He wouldn’t have a critical defensive role and in possession he just needs to find the space and link the play (which is what he is all about). He would know all about the style of: Sterling, Navas, Yaya, Aguero etc and would have had a couple of training sessions with them. I don’t see a problem.

i truly believe top quality players will always just fit in naturally, yes they will improve over time but when it comes down to thinks like finding/seeing a pass etc that all comes natural, i will be dissapointed if he doesnt start tomorrow as he is clearly ready on fitness so see no reason why he shouldnt

-----------------Hart
Sagna Kompany Mangala Kolarov
---------Yaya-----Fernandinho
Navas---------Nasri-------Sterling
---------------Aguero

Depending on how the game goes I'd bring Kelechi on at half time and KDB on with 20mins left.

Nasri Should be given a chance after impressing in his sub appearances.

for me it has to be

Hart

Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov.

Yaya Dinho

Navas KDB Sterling

Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.