Pre Match Thread | Sunderland v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is football, you live by the sword and die by the sword. So we give Bony a start and he continues to put in the same performance that he's given us every other fucking time, then what? Throw on Iheanacho with ten minutes to go?

Eliminate the risk, start Iheanacho.

Bonys only started one game for is this season and has come on with like 10 or so minutes to go what do you expect? Aguero hasn't done too much this season for a player with his ability yet I don't see you having a go at him.

Bonys only started one game for is this season and has come on with like 10 or so minutes to go what do you expect? Aguero hasn't done too much this season for a player with his ability yet I don't see you having a go at him.

Without sounding like nitpicking but started 2 games

Bony will come good lads. As much as id love to see Nacho start this its important for Bony to get his confidence back. Hes our second choice strike and I'd rather have him in form in case Aguero gets injured than leaving all hopes on Nacho. We know Bony is quality its time to get behind him

This game is a win win situation. If we win then we are in with a chance of winning a trophy but if we lose then we have less games which means less chance of injuries, more time to recover from and prepare for Premier League and Champions League games. It's also a good opportunity to give the fringe players a run out and give a rest to the likes of: Kompany, Touré, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva and Aguero.

Starting XI

Caballero

Maffeo - Otamendi - Demichelis - Kolarov

Fernando - Garcia

Navas - Roberts - Barker

Ihenacho

Not to bothered about the result but would be good to see future prospects like Roberts, Barker, Garcia, Maffeo and Nacho given a chance to impress Pellegrini.

I have passed comments about Aguero, fortunately for him however he's done it in the past for us, and I'm very confident he'll do it in the future. The facts are there, Bony has scored 2 goals in 18 games and doesn't break a fucking sweat. We need to open up space, he simply doesn't do that. He does not suit our style, we come up against extremely rigid defences.

I have passed comments about Aguero, fortunately for him however he's done it in the past for us, and I'm very confident he'll do it in the future. The facts are there, Bony has scored 2 goals in 18 games and doesn't break a fucking sweat. We need to open up space, he simply doesn't do that. He does not suit our style, we come up against extremely rigid defences.

I agree with you he's been shit but I'm just saying he's becoming a scapegoat. Aguero had a shocker yesterday but I don't see anyone saying he should bench etc.Not saying he should but imo he deserves the same stick as Navas and bony as both of them haven't had the best of starts. I still think both bony and aguero will become good in a couple of games time Navas however...

I agree with you he's been shit but I'm just saying he's becoming a scapegoat. Aguero had a shocker yesterday but I don't see anyone saying he should bench etc.Not saying he should but imo he deserves the same stick as Navas and bony as both of them haven't had the best of starts. I still think both bony and aguero will become good in a couple of games time Navas however...
I haven't said Aguero should start, in fact I have said he should be rested as that is the problem with Aguero - is not fully fit. I am also saying Bony shouldn't play, but that's due to his below par performances in his last 18 (eight-fucking-teen) games. Remind me the last time Aguero had a run of eighteen games which were as poor as Bony?

Iheanacho should start against Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.