Pre season games compared to other clubs

I don't mind the club traveling to America to increase revenue, it's the way football has gone. I do feel that City should do more to help out local teams though.

We should play 2 or 3 friendly games at lower league clubs within 30 miles of GM every season. Imagine the helping hand it would give clubs like Altrincham, Chorley, Chester etc. Builds our 'reputation' closer to home, gives fans some good away trips to look forward to and helps raise the standard of football in the area. We should have arranged something like that for Bury and still could help Oldham/Macclesfield.

City is ran to constantly increase revenue, which is necessary, but reputation helps that and being seen as a club that does it's part to help the pyramid would go a long way.
Not to mention it gives families the chance to watch city at a fraction of the cost of a premier league game and with minimal travel costs

It does often feel we are off the pace a bit in the first few games compared to others. I expect we'll have a rough time against Liverpool in the community shield given where both teams will be at in the pre-season.

But we then often have the best mid-season of any team, and usually win the league come the end of it.

So who knows what is best - maybe we just enjoy playing a bit of catch up at the start.

It does often feel we are off the pace a bit in the first few games compared to others. I expect we'll have a rough time against Liverpool in the community shield given where both teams will be at in the pre-season.

But we then often have the best mid-season of any team, and usually win the league come the end of it.

So who knows what is best - maybe we just enjoy playing a bit of catch up at the start.
If we usually win the league, then I guess we know best :)

Reactions: CC1
Anyone else concerned about our pre season schedule?
We have 3 games booked - two in the US (Green Bay and Houston) and the Community Shield v Liverpool.

Looking at this list here of other club's schedules, most have 5 and Liverpool and the rags have 6.
I'm hoping at least 2 more will be fitted along the way this month.
Slabhead & Co will be knackered come the new season, 6 games and all that travelling.
It's ok though, Luke Shaw has said other clubs should watch out as Ten Moons and McClown have improved them no end.

Liverpool have the Community Shield 3 days after playing in Germany, and then have another game scheduled the next day. Man Utd have a game in Spain on 30th, and one at Old Trafford on 31st. I think we're fine.

I find this very interesting. Arsenal has played 6 pre season games Arteta is NOT copying Pep for preparation for the season.

We played most pre season games before the 100 points season. It feels like that's the only only real preseason we had. Don't remember Pep first season.

Pep definitely used the game against Liverpool as a pre season game. But Klopp didn't. Hence the game they will play today.

We of the top 6 club's have the fewest games and shortest pre season I find it very interesting and to be true worrying.

Last year he used both game against Leicester and the first game against Spurs as preparation I just don't understand it. Why take the risk like that I know we won the league in the end but why don't we come better prepared into the start and it is always like this the 2016-17 is the exception.

I find this very interesting. Arsenal has played 6 pre season games Arteta is NOT copying Pep for preparation for the season.

We played most pre season games before the 100 points season. It feels like that's the only only real preseason we had. Don't remember Pep first season.

Pep definitely used the game against Liverpool as a pre season game. But Klopp didn't. Hence the game they will play today.

We of the top 6 club's have the fewest games and shortest pre season I find it very interesting and to be true worrying.

Last year he used both game against Leicester and the first game against Spurs as preparation I just don't understand it. Why take the risk like that I know we won the league in the end but why don't we come better prepared into the start and it is always like this the 2016-17 is the exception.
Because we prepare for the whole 10 month season not the first game. It isn’t difficult to either understand , nor see the results, and when in the season we kick on and open up a gap.

We tend to start slowly and have a less pre season compared to others last couple years. It’s a risk but we tend to hit full flow after the first international break and that run sets us up for the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.