Pre season games compared to other clubs

It will be interesting to see if the full squad head out to America. So far Chelsea and Palace have had to leave players at home due to their vaccination status

I don't mind the club traveling to America to increase revenue, it's the way football has gone. I do feel that City should do more to help out local teams though.

We should play 2 or 3 friendly games at lower league clubs within 30 miles of GM every season. Imagine the helping hand it would give clubs like Altrincham, Chorley, Chester etc. Builds our 'reputation' closer to home, gives fans some good away trips to look forward to and helps raise the standard of football in the area. We should have arranged something like that for Bury and still could help Oldham/Macclesfield.

City is ran to constantly increase revenue, which is necessary, but reputation helps that and being seen as a club that does it's part to help the pyramid would go a long way.

It would be good to have a mixture of home pre-season games and 'away' pre-season games. It seems to be the further away from home we go the more new fans we get I suppose and the club will love that but they mustn't forget the poor plebs at home who can't afford fares to far flung lands.

Having said that I remember a pre-season when Gary Cook was still our CEO or whatever and we went to America and Canada and I got tickets for the Canadian family they were thrilled to bits especially my son and daughter in law who had season tickets and went home and away before they emigrated. They met up with Gary Cook who was apparently very friendly and sociable and we have some lovely photos of him with the girls and they also got things signed by a couple of players.

So I guess it is swings and roundabouts. Or maybne they can't please all the people all the time!! :-)

I don't mind the club traveling to America to increase revenue, it's the way football has gone. I do feel that City should do more to help out local teams though.

We should play 2 or 3 friendly games at lower league clubs within 30 miles of GM every season. Imagine the helping hand it would give clubs like Altrincham, Chorley, Chester etc. Builds our 'reputation' closer to home, gives fans some good away trips to look forward to and helps raise the standard of football in the area. We should have arranged something like that for Bury and still could help Oldham/Macclesfield.

City is ran to constantly increase revenue, which is necessary, but reputation helps that and being seen as a club that does it's part to help the pyramid would go a long way.
Absolutely agree, I’d like to see us ‘adopt’ a club every season (unofficially of course) a few soft loans, friendly match, a day’s training at the academy etc, felt sorry for Cheltenham in the cup with no gate fee, but our fans showed their class buying the virtual tickets/donations, I know Pep & staff gave them a lot of time too, but yeah, growing our local support outwards is just as important as the worldwide reach

It would be good to have a mixture of home pre-season games and 'away' pre-season games. It seems to be the further away from home we go the more new fans we get I suppose and the club will love that but they mustn't forget the poor plebs at home who can't afford fares to far flung lands.

Having said that I remember a pre-season when Gary Cook was still our CEO or whatever and we went to America and Canada and I got tickets for the Canadian family they were thrilled to bits especially my son and daughter in law who had season tickets and went home and away before they emigrated. They met up with Gary Cook who was apparently very friendly and sociable and we have some lovely photos of him with the girls and they also got things signed by a couple of players.

So I guess it is swings and roundabouts. Or maybne they can't please all the people all the time!! :-)

We get to see the important games, I don't mind watching friendlies on TV knowing the season is starting soon.

Saying that, if you read about the abomination that the rags and bin dippers are serving up for £500 you can see where we are going and I don't like it.

Watching the prelude now and Klipperty mentioning "The boys" when referring to his team gives me the creeps.

Absolutely agree, I’d like to see us ‘adopt’ a club every season (unofficially of course) a few soft loans, friendly match, a day’s training at the academy etc, felt sorry for Cheltenham in the cup with no gate fee, but our fans showed their class buying the virtual tickets/donations, I know Pep & staff gave them a lot of time too, but yeah, growing our local support outwards is just as important as the worldwide reach
Yes, I was involved to a small extent with the Cheltenham fundraiser. I managed to send some banners down so we had a fan presence inside the stadium (picture attached).

In the grand scheme of things, it makes very little difference, but I know that there are a few CTFC fans who root for us to win trophies now. We might end up with a few kids who grow up with CTFC season tickets but come up to support City every now and again and wear Haaland or Foden shirts to their football training.

Attachments

• CTFC AWAY.jpeg
    CTFC AWAY.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 15
Less is more when it comes to preseason matches. This year is better than last since players are all available from Jump Street, last year they had guys trickling in and it was a bit of a disaster. I expect a fully operational Death Star when the Community Shield comes around.

Haha! Just seen the rags v dips score, mate text me……you’ll never guess what it said?

We going to win the league
I’ve genuinely just overheard someone saying exactly that. “See that result today? feels like we might even win the league, it was like watching a Pep team but even better at closing down from the front!”

It’s unfathomable how they’ve turned into 1990s-2010s Liverpool fans after it was them who used to wind them up most about the weird shit Liverpool fans come out with

85C305E2-DFAC-4850-9F79-B34EC64D05E5.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.