Pre season games compared to other clubs

Because we prepare for the whole 10 month season not the first game. It isn’t difficult to either understand , nor see the results, and when in the season we kick on and open up a gap.
So it's ok to be not prepaired for the first game of the season because we are thinking about the season as a whole? Liverpool are ready they played more games then we last season. Other clubs have had longer pre season then us I just think it is interesting and nothing wrong pointing it out Pep is not perfect no one is .

So it's ok to be not prepaired for the first game of the season because we are thinking about the season as a whole? Liverpool are ready they played more games then we last season. Other clubs have had longer pre season then us I just think it is interesting and nothing wrong pointing it out Pep is not perfect no one is .
Yes it’s obviously okay, Pep isn’t perfect no. Does he know more about preparing a squad for a long season than you, me , just about anyone really, obviously he does because most years he wins the league.

We drop points in the 2nd game, mid season charity friendly and lose to the worst side in the league.

That was 2019/20, it was game over very early.

Yes it’s obviously okay, Pep isn’t perfect no. Does he know more about preparing a squad for a long season than you, me , just about anyone really, obviously he does because most years he wins the league.
I just will never think that being not prepaired for the first game of the season is ok we won the league yes but I can't see that it's good not being ready. We won despite of it not because.

Pre-season games are for fitness and game time and nothing else, anybody that thinks winning pre-season is a good way of judging the new season ahead are daft and crazy, the fitness part of pre-season is so important for keeping players injury free and ready for the long season, but nothing is guaranteed and luck will play a big part from the first game of the new season,

manchester city and pep now we will be playing nearly 60 games so why trying to set the early pace and chase when its a long hard season

I think we always seem to start a new season undercooked and carrying a few injuries and this season feels to be the same

the worry for me is that winning the title and coming second is a few points so we cant afford to drop anything

some of our player sales have been baffling

Must get a left back urgently

We tend to start slowly and have a less pre season compared to others last couple years. It’s a risk but we tend to hit full flow after the first international break and that run sets us up for the season
I realise I could google it, but its easier to ask here if I may: one of my pet hates about football is the way the PL starts (usually mid-August) and then about three weeks in there is a ten day (with 2 saturdays) international break. It usually coincides with a) my return to work so that puts me in a bad mood and b) realisation that I have picked all the wrong players for my fantasy football team which darkens my mood even further!

This year, please tell me that isn't happening. Do we start early and have no break to create time for the Qatar World Cup in November?

Last edited:
Last year losing the Charity Shield to Leicester because we were under cooked didn’t bother me that much. It hurt more this year, because I utterly despise the victims. But, you have to trust that the club knows what it is doing. Don’t forget, the reason most clubs have played 6 or 7 games by now isn’t preparation, it is because they are skint and whoring themselves around the globe for a match fee. We don’t need to do that.

It’s noticeable we start not at 100%. Been like that for a few years, but we usually win the league in May. So hard to argue with it, especially when you factor in us having a much smaller squad than the other top teams

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.