Predict our next academy star

Look out for U18 Captain Tosin Adarabioyo
Excellent defender who can also score from set pieces, quiet , composed leadership qualities
Already capped for England at youth levels

Our new Vinney ??

Who knows , but I have seen this lad playing since 8/9 yrs old with Hough End Griffins

IMHO he has what it takes.... this is exactly the sort of intelligent young player that we can bring through to the first team

Ric said:
I appreciate it's difficult enough for Pellegrini to keep our senior players happy as it is, especially now everyone is fit (and with Toure and Bony on their way back).

His priority is securing a top four finish, so it's not in his interests to blood youngsters at this stage of the season. It goes against the "holistic" approach though, and his own proclamation that we would introduce a few academy players each season.

Sure, a few players have made the bench but it's disappointing that our youth players weren't really given a chance in the cup competitions.

The fact that we only have one academy graduate in our first team squad, and a fourth choice centre half at that, isn't good enough. We must have the worst record in the league in that regard.

Really hope there is a sea-change in our approach next season. Concentrate on acquiring quality over quantity in the transfer market, and fill out the squad with youth players. 18/19 senior pros, with 4/5 academy players would be a better balance moving forward, and considerably lower the average age of the squad (as well as the wage bill).

Don't watch the EDS often enough to speak with any real authority, but the likes of Angelino, Barker and Ambrose must come into consideration, along with Denayer, Rekik, Lopes and Iheanacho.

It is so difficult to know whether a youngster will become a good player or not. Everyone should go look at the teams that have won the fa youth trophy, then try and pick out the ones that have become premiership players. Very Few.

Just look at the bbc article on kane and his loan stats:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31395579

They are awful,who would have guessed he would be as good as h is now from them. For all we know cole, fofana, hiwula and lopes, who have had unspectacular loans so far, could turn into superstars. Who knows?

Denayer. I would draft him in next season as a direct replacement for Fernando.

He is a better player than Fernando in every aspect of the game.

jollylescott said:

chloe.gif

You do know Denayer is a centre back and Fernando is a defensive midfielder, right?

Kladze said:
jollylescott said:

chloe.gif

You do know Denayer is a centre back and Fernando is a defensive midfielder, right?
Yes old chum I am well aware of that. If you followed his thread on the EDS forum you would discover that his best position has been debated. My view is that he lacks the height to play centre back but he is a natural DM. As I stated above I think he would slot perfectly into that role and is a far better player than Fernando.

Incredibly difficult to say. The areas the first team are weakest in would good Barker and Ambrose the best shot. The more you see of Maffeo the better he looks. I'd back him to hold down a place in the squad if he was given a chance.

It's irrelevant under Pellegrini though, he has no intention of giving these guys a chance. If Pep came in I think Glendon would get a shot in the first team too.

Ric said:
I appreciate it's difficult enough for Pellegrini to keep our senior players happy as it is, especially now everyone is fit (and with Toure and Bony on their way back).

His priority is securing a top four finish, so it's not in his interests to blood youngsters at this stage of the season. It goes against the "holistic" approach though, and his own proclamation that we would introduce a few academy players each season.

Sure, a few players have made the bench but it's disappointing that our youth players weren't really given a chance in the cup competitions.

The fact that we only have one academy graduate in our first team squad, and a fourth choice centre half at that, isn't good enough. We must have the worst record in the league in that regard.

Really hope there is a sea-change in our approach next season. Concentrate on acquiring quality over quantity in the transfer market, and fill out the squad with youth players. 18/19 senior pros, with 4/5 academy players would be a better balance moving forward, and considerably lower the average age of the squad (as well as the wage bill).

Don't watch the EDS often enough to speak with any real authority, but the likes of Angelino, Barker and Ambrose must come into consideration, along with Denayer, Rekik, Lopes and Iheanacho.

This is absolutely spot on, the players we have had out on loan this season should be fighting for 3/4 squad places for next year to replace players who will move on:

Demichelis >>> Denayer or Rekik
Milner >>> Lopes
Jovetic / Dzeko >>> Iheanacho
Kolarov >>> Angelino

Now the incoming players above are not at the same level as are leaving but we must accept this in order to provide a route to the first team

I just hope we dont sign ready made players again to fill out the squad and would happily accept a couple of seasons in transition to accomplish this. The success that will follow will feel much better as a result.

jollylescott said:
Kladze said:
jollylescott said:

chloe.gif

Yes old chum I am well aware of that. If you followed his thread on the EDS forum you would discover that his best position has been debated. My view is that he lacks the height to play centre back but he is a natural DM. As I stated above I think he would slot perfectly into that role and is a far better player than Fernando.

It's been seen with others that Vieira is keen to give midfielders time in defence to develop that side of their game. It's such an important thing to do to ensure we have technically good players across all areas of the pitch and don't just rely on big physical players with no ball skills.

Denayer has shown excellent composure in defence and has developed his positional awareness and his ability to read the game. He is already good on the ball and at passing so it enables him to take both skill sets into a defensive midfield role and excel. He isn't likely to do well in our league at centre back. Mascherano can play it in La Liga but he wouldn't be able to over here.

dasblues said:
Ric said:

This is absolutely spot on, the players we have had out on loan this season should be fighting for 3/4 squad places for next year to replace players who will move on:

Demichelis >>> Denayer or Rekik
Milner >>> Lopes
Jovetic / Dzeko >>> Iheanacho
Kolarov >>> Angelino

Now the incoming players above are not at the same level as are leaving but we must accept this in order to provide a route to the first team

I just hope we dont sign ready made players again to fill out the squad and would happily accept a couple of seasons in transition to accomplish this. The success that will follow will feel much better as a result.

Ric's post was spot on, but lets not forget about a player we bought then loaned out for some strange reason in your players in list..

Zuculini_3177048.jpg

Lopes and denayer should be in the squad next season. Look at Spurs and liverpool, adding a couple of youngsters has freshened there team up. With the world class players we've got here, it wouldn't take them long to fit in and become a valuable member of the squad. I think youve got to be careful on how many you promote in one season. Adding lopes and denayer seem the most likely seeing as they have been sent away for some experience. Hoping to see more of our young lads to go out on loan next season, impressing then coming back the following season. This is how it should work out but I cant see it happening with pellegrini, there's to much pressure. Maybe he will next season as his contract ends in 2016, so he's got nothing to lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.