Premier League Domination; Boring Title Race? The Facts

I see the "we don't care about City" brigade are out in force. I too blab on non stop about things I have absolutely no interest in....

I'm sure if "the medja" claimed City were worse at dominating as they tend to have close title races loads of City fans would be up in arms too.

I would rather win by as big a margin as is possible.

I'm sure if "the medja" claimed City were worse at dominating as they tend to have close title races loads of City fans would be up in arms too.

I would rather win by as big a margin as is possible.
That’s how I feel now. Win everything by big margins because we get accused whether we do or we don’t so let’s dominate the PL.

Many years ago in the 90’s a rag that sat with us in my local said it’s boring nited winning the league often without any real challenge. Wonder how the tosser feels now?

Sick as a fucking pig I hope, but like many of the rag "supporting" cunts he'll have given up football now :)

City are the dominant team of the last few years, without a doubt but our domination has a long way to go before it is remotely as boring as that of Manchester United in the 1990s. Their manager had spent on an unprecedented scale (before or since)to bring the title "back to where it belonged", but stayed within the rules, because there weren't any, and after 7 fruitless seasons he succeeded and out of the first 10 PL seasons he won the title 7 times. What is often forgotten is that in those seasons (in fact the first 7) they did the double 3 times and missed out on three consecutive doubles only because in 1994-5 Blackburn pipped them to the title by 1 point and Everton beat them 1-0 in the cup final! It has to be pointed out that if \Blackburn (in 194-5) and Arsenal (in 1997-8) had managed one point fewer the rags would have won the first 9 PL titles in a row. How thrilling that all would have been!

Calling other teams "boring" is what the media do when Utd are not winning. They did it to Arsenal, now its our turn.

But during my time watching a lot, a very lot of football since 1982ish I havent seen a period in the PL that has been as exciting as it is now. Pts records, goals records, the MOST exciting finishes to any seasons (Since 1989) ever! 2019 was the pinnacle of football imo.

I actually worry a little bit on what the future is of the PL because after Pep and City it only gets worse in quality (But probably more exciting in drama because that's what this country's media wants and likes) and the national team go back into obscurity. But thats what the media want, failure. Failure and moaning is what drives their profits.

City are the dominant team of the last few years, without a doubt but our domination has a long way to go before it is remotely as boring as that of Manchester United in the 1990s. Their manager had spent on an unprecedented scale (before or since)to bring the title "back to where it belonged", but stayed within the rules, because there weren't any, and after 7 fruitless seasons he succeeded and out of the first 10 PL seasons he won the title 7 times. What is often forgotten is that in those seasons (in fact the first 7) they did the double 3 times and missed out on three consecutive doubles only because in 1994-5 Blackburn pipped them to the title by 1 point and Everton beat them 1-0 in the cup final! It has to be pointed out that if \Blackburn (in 194-5) and Arsenal (in 1997-8) had managed one point fewer the rags would have won the first 9 PL titles in a row. How thrilling that all would have been!
Arsenal won with 2 games left in 1998 and rested for the cup final losing their last 2 without trying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.