Premier League Games 1/2/3 April '23

Potter has 41 premier league wins in 141 games, a top class manager.

Finished 16th, 17th and 9th never having a positive goal difference, a top class manager

A winless 10+ game league run in each of his seasons at Brighton, a top class manager.

The guy is and always was out of his depth.
Yeh but he got laughs from the media about getting a footballers style haircut once.

Finished 16th, 17th and 9th never having a positive goal difference, a top class manager

A winless 10+ game league run in each of his seasons at Brighton, a top class manager.

What were you expecting a coach of Brighton to achieve? Ridiculous post.

What were you expecting a coach of Brighton to achieve? Ridiculous post.
I wouldn't expect the manager of Brighton to be given the job at Chelsea because he started a season off ok. I also wouldn't expect the entirety of the English football industry to claim he's the second coming of Jesus, actually, I would expect that because we're so fucking desperate for a half decent English manager we repeatedly blow smoke up the arse of anyone who strings 2 wins together

There is still time in Potter's career to turn things around although it is going to take time for him to get another crack at a club like Chelsea.

Game on Tuesday between these and scousers will be poor going off both games

Maybe not solely his fault, no. But he's not totally blameless here. I think it's 22 games he's been in charge (?), and they've won 7 of them. And only 21 goals scored in that time. Under Abramovich, he'd be under serious pressure now. Boehly (sp?) might be of the opinion that this season is a write off, and to regroup over the summer, spend another boatload of money on transfers and hope that the next campaign will be a huge improvement on this one. For Potter's sake, it better be. If they get off to an underwhelming start, he'll be in serious danger.

That’s the problem, they’ll spend a shitload, no doubts. Who on? Potters players or player that the owners want?

I agree that Chelsea should be higher, sometimes I just think managers like your Potters will take the hit and it’s just a standard that’s it’s the managers fault.

I wouldn't expect the manager of Brighton to be given the job at Chelsea because he started a season off ok. I also wouldn't expect the entirety of the English football industry to claim he's the second coming of Jesus, actually, I would expect that because we're so fucking desperate for a half decent English manager we repeatedly blow smoke up the arse of anyone who strings 2 wins together
No one said he was the second coming. He got credit for doing a very good job at Brighton and playing good football. The problem is your lack of common sense and football knowledge.

Not a very fare assessment of Potter in my opinion.

Brighton are a well run club and do business very well, Potter was a good fit for Brighton and he had them over achieving and playing a really good style of football. He made top signings at Brighton too making them massive amounts of money selling those players on.

Different ball game at Chelsea, They have an owner who seems to be completely clueless, Coming I'm and throwing money at clubs for their players, Players that they don't even need just signing them for the sake of it. I doubt Potter wanted the majority of those players that came into Chelsea.

You have to realise too that Chelsea fans didn't want Tuchel out, The owner came in and waited his own man in so it was always going to be hard for Potter to win over the Chelsea fans.

Potter is a very good manager, He's just not a good fit at Chelsea.

That’s the problem, they’ll spend a shitload, no doubts. Who on? Potters players or player that the owners want?

I agree that Chelsea should be higher, sometimes I just think managers like your Potters will take the hit and it’s just a standard that’s it’s the managers fault.
The buck will ALWAYS stop with the manager. Harsh? Hmm, possibly. But it's easier to get rid of one manager than it is 5 or 6 underperforming primadonnas on the pitch. Look at Conte at Spurs, or Lampard at Everton. Do managers send the players out with instructions to play shite? No, of course they don't. But it is the manager who, along with his staff, is responsible for coaching those players. And it's the manager who sends them out across the white line each game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.