Premier League Games 1/2/3 April '23

Not a very fare assessment of Potter in my opinion.

Brighton are a well run club and do business very well, Potter was a good fit for Brighton and he had them over achieving and playing a really good style of football. He made top signings at Brighton too making them massive amounts of money selling those players on.

Different ball game at Chelsea, They have an owner who seems to be completely clueless, Coming I'm and throwing money at clubs for their players, Players that they don't even need just signing them for the sake of it. I doubt Potter wanted the majority of those players that came into Chelsea.

You have to realise too that Chelsea fans didn't want Tuchel out, The owner came in and waited his own man in so it was always going to be hard for Potter to win over the Chelsea fans.

Potter is a very good manager, He's just not a good fit at Chelsea.
He staved off relegation against great teams like Norwich, west brom, sheff United, Watford, Bournemouth and Fulham scoring about 80 goals in 2 seasons, I'd be annoyed if that was the level of good football.

How many of his transfers at Brighton were him alone? His head if recruitment at Brighton has moved to Chelsea, maybe he can do the same there.

Stuart Pearce at city has 2 seasons with more points than potter, if Pearce had another season where he accrued 50 points would he have been anywhere near a top 4 club?

He staved off relegation against great teams like Norwich, west brom, sheff United, Watford, Bournemouth and Fulham scoring about 80 goals in 2 seasons, I'd be annoyed if that was the level of good football.

How many of his transfers at Brighton were him alone? His head if recruitment at Brighton has moved to Chelsea, maybe he can do the same there.

Stuart Pearce at city has 2 seasons with more points than potter, if Pearce had another season where he accrued 50 points would he have been anywhere near a top 4 club?
Klopp got relegated at Mainz and failed to get them promoted before he joined Dortmund. It is fine lines between earlier success and failure.

Just checked Soton’s lineup for FPL purposes and was shocked to find that my assumption Walcott had retired is incorrect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.