Premier League Games 12/13/14 January '24

Why is that a yellow card. I think the ref is reacting to the injury rather than the incident.

The inconsistency of refereeing decisions drives you crazy. Earlier in the game the ref gave a foul against Luiz outside the area then ignores him doing exactly the same thing in the box.

There was 2 angles for that offside . The first 1 you could see clearly when the player released the ball and he looked miles on if you look at the line of 6 yard box as a reference point. The other angle in which they gave the offside looked off but didn’t show him releasing the ball , it’s a complete farce.

This is what’s confusing me, the pass goes to Bailey so not like there was a question on interfering. They must have been checking something else but without audio we will probably never know what.

I’ve said it before and don’t want to sound like a broken record but I think within five years offsides will be decided instantaneously by a “virtual linesman” and the only thing referees will need to go back on is whether players are interfering (which only matters in a small number of cases). They have to prioritise working on that because the number of goals ruined by late offside calls at the moment is too high.

There was 2 angles for that offside . The first 1 you could see clearly when the player released the ball and he looked miles on if you look at the line of 6 yard box as a reference point. The other angle in which they gave the offside looked off but didn’t show him releasing the ball , it’s a complete farce.

They just showed a wide angle at the point the ball was released and he was well offside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.