Premier League Games 13/14/15 April '24

Jesus got away with being crap at city purely because he didn’t kick off and whinge.

Nowhere near good enough. Mid table player.

I remember when we played them in the cup last year. They were all so giddy.
Got chatting to one walking up and he was going on how he couldnt believe we had sold them zinchenko and jesus as they are the final piece, they know how to win titles and they are amazing.
Told him theres a reason we got rid, decent enough but not good enough. He wasnt having it

I don't really follow you on these assessments, but each to his own, eh? The point is that both of them were useful squad players, at our level. They were neither of them going to get guaranteed starting (especially not Zin, in that position. And he wasn't going to get into any other).
Arsenal seemed to think they were going to get game changers. Neither of them have ever been that. That was the naive part. Above all, Jesus will never be a killer in the box (he has other qualities). And that's what Arsenal needed, and still need. It was doubly strange that they thought he could fill that role.

As to who we let go, in the general scheme of things. We don't keep players who want out, and I think that is the right policy, by and large. The only one I really regretted was Leroy Sané. I thought he was a fine player for us, and I still think that. But if he wanted out, he wanted out, and it was the right decision. Gundo I regretted, but I felt he'd done his time with us, wanted another challenge, no bad blood as far as I'm concerned.
As for Palmer and Raz? Well, that's worked out well for them…

Joleon commented a few months back, quietly and firmly “When City let you go, they don't regret it. Ever.” We're no longer in the Shaun Wright-Phillips days, when a big fish (at the time) came in for him.

I don't really follow you on these assessments, but each to his own, eh? The point is that both of them were useful squad players, at our level. They were neither of them going to get guaranteed starting (especially not Zin, in that position. And he wasn't going to get into any other).
Arsenal seemed to think they were going to get game changers. Neither of them have ever been that. That was the naive part. Above all, Jesus will never be a killer in the box (he has other qualities). And that's what Arsenal needed, and still need. It was doubly strange that they thought he could fill that role.

As to who we let go, in the general scheme of things. We don't keep players who want out, and I think that is the right policy, by and large. The only one I really regretted was Leroy Sané. I thought he was a fine player for us, and I still think that. But if he wanted out, he wanted out, and it was the right decision. Gundo I regretted, but I felt he'd done his time with us, wanted another challenge, no bad blood as far as I'm concerned.
As for Palmer and Raz? Well, that's worked out well for them…

Joleon commented a few months back, quietly and firmly “When City let you go, they don't regret it. Ever.” We're no longer in the Shaun Wright-Phillips days, when a big fish (at the time) came in for him.
I think we are kind of agreeing . They were ok, they were fine, they could do a job. Arsenal thought they were getting something a bit different to that though. They thought they were weakening us whikst strengthening themselves and that wasnt really the case.

I loved zinch and jesus was ok but top shelf they werent.

And we dont let anyone go who wants to . We tried very hard to keep gundo and we yearly make bernardo stay :)

I think we are kind of agreeing . They were ok, they were fine, they could do a job. Arsenal thought they were getting something a bit different to that though. They thought they were weakening us whikst strengthening themselves and that wasnt really the case.

I loved zinch and jesus was ok but top shelf they werent.

And we dont let anyone go who wants to . We tried very hard to keep gundo and we yearly make bernardo stay :)

We must have something on Bernie. Drug dealing, or serial nooky, or something like that.
I love that guy…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.