Premier League Games 17th -21st Feb '24

You've just answered your own question

They attack with pace and aren't afraid to lose it even if it means their opposition have space to attack whereas we try to stifle teams, slow it down and beat teams through constant probing

We saw the goal yesterday once we let then attack us it allowed space for Haaland to run onto, quick direct passing and we were in. That's how they play

They also have runners everywhere hence why their goals are spread out across their midfield

If teams set up against them as they do against us then it wouldnt matter if they attacked at pace because there is no space for them to run into.

Just watch how Luton set up against us. Ultra defensive and try and counter. Wide open with spaces at the back for liverpool.
I know how teams set up against us, what worries me is that lack of conversion we have. We play 2 strikers and somehow, the chances they get, they cant seem to convert them. Its like we do our best to hit the keeper, instead of putting it past him or were he cant reach. Our conversion rate is too trash, we need too many attempts on target to have a single goal. From peppering teams, to not knowing how to score. How have we forgotten to score?!

I know how teams set up against us, what worries me is that lack of conversion we have. We play 2 strikers and somehow, the chances they get, they cant seem to convert them. Its like we do our best to hit the keeper, instead of putting it past him or were he cant reach. Our conversion rate is too trash, we need too many attempts on target to have a single goal. From peppering teams, to not knowing how to score. How have we forgotten to score?!

Been that way for a while.

We're missing Gundogan's and Mahrez' goal contributions.

Their replacements are rubbish compared to them.

Been that way for a while.

We're missing Gundogan's and Mahrez' goal contributions.

Their replacements are rubbish compared to them.
To be fair we had missed both De Bruyne and Haaland for good part of the season (especially KDB). That is good chunk of goal contributions and both would have covered us for their losses

I'll keep saying. They look good because they have all the space to play in.

If teams set up against them with two rows of 5 in their own box, liverpool would struggle too. No where for the fullbacks and Diaz to run.
They struggled against the parked bus the Rags put up at Anfield.

All liverpool do is play at 100mph and hit it long to their fullbacks or their forward player. They dictate shit because teams play open against them.

Teams camp in their own box against us. How are we to play fast through that?? How would liverpool be able to play their fullbacks in?
You’ve just gotta look at Brentford vs Us and the dippers.
They were like the fucking divine wind on Saturday against them!!

Me too. Given we're bedding new players in, lost Gundogan and Mahrez and we've been without De Bruyne for five months and Haaland for two months, I think it's credit to Pep and the team we've hung in there. The problem is we're doing just that, hanging in there. As I said we might just click into top form and storm the rest of the season but to do that it's vital De Bruyne and Haaland stay fit.
Understandbly the team looks tired after last season's tremendous efforts and unfortunately I can see us coming up short in the League. I do think we have a decent chance of retaining the CL and FA Cup which still would be a very good season.

We allow those two rows of 5 to get settled though. They don’t. If Liverpool played slowly, side to side & backwards, they’d have a deep block to contend with too.
Ederson tried one quick break last night to alvarez who received the ball in brentfords half ans was all on his own. He had to stop and turn back as we had no one there. Dippers would have been 3 on 3.

we play a completely different style thats is incredibly successful. fuck all to do with teams setting up differently. As if teams would go to anfield and ‘have a go’. Their home record is the best in the league ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.