Premier League Games 17th -21st Feb '24

Its not a fallacy. Teams set up ultra defensive against us.

They dont do it to them. If they did liverpool would also struggle to score.
Yes teams go to anfield, top of the table and the best home record in the country and decide all out attack is the best tactic. Give over

Understandbly the team looks tired after last season's tremendous efforts and unfortunately I can see us coming up short in the League. I do think we have a decent chance of retaining the CL and FA Cup which still would be a very good season.

I'd be overjoyed with that. The league is a slog and it may be a slog too far for us this season. If we lose a game or drop more points I think Pep may concentrate on the two cups and rest players in the league games.

All liverpool do is play at 100mph and hit it long to their fullbacks or their forward player. They dictate shit because teams play open against them.

Teams camp in their own box against us. How are we to play fast through that?? How would liverpool be able to play their fullbacks in?
We played fast to alvarez and doku last night and they had acres of space but were all on their own. They had to turn back. Face facts.

We played fast to alvarez and doku last night and they had acres of space but were all on their own. They had to turn back. Face facts.

If teams set up against them the way they do against us, Liverpool would also find it just as hard to score.

In fact probably more so only Salah has the skill to unlock teams.

Yes teams go to anfield, top of the table and the best home record in the country and decide all out attack is the best tactic. Give over

They play open against them. They do not sit back and pack their own penalty box like they do against us.

No we don't make that happen, teams actively choose that set up and then hope to counter us.

It makes a whole lot of difference. We collectively shit our pants at Anfield even when they used to be shit. And rags have a much better record at Anfield than us. 3 wins in 70 years is what’s making people doubt if we can even draw at their place, let alone win.
Yes we do and I have no idea why, we have been there as champions. I think Pep loses his head too.

Me too. Given we're bedding new players in, lost Gundogan and Mahrez and we've been without De Bruyne for five months and Haaland for two months, I think it's credit to Pep and the team we've hung in there. The problem is we're doing just that, hanging in there. As I said we might just click into top form and storm the rest of the season but to do that it's vital De Bruyne and Haaland stay fit.
So many of us supporters seem to be a bit despondent or down as if we’re on a poor run, we’ve drawn one match after winning was it, 10 matches on the run?I think it’s because we’ve not been playing fluidly, or with rhythm and with pace. I think the one stand out match for me was Newcastle away, first half, when some of our football was fast and top notch, unfortunately we got caught out yet again in that match by sucker punches but we got back into the match deservedly and got a winner. I think we started well in the Champions League last week only to be caught out again with a counter attack. Maybe it is down to last season’s successes and the losses of Gundogan and Mahrez, with the replacements not setting the world on fire. We’ve just got to keep going, picking up the three points each match, do that, beat arsenal and l’pool and we will be there or there abouts.

All liverpool do is play at 100mph and hit it long to their fullbacks or their forward player. They dictate shit because teams play open against them.

Teams camp in their own box against us. How are we to play fast through that?? How would liverpool be able to play their fullbacks in?
Same way we get the ball to Walker in acres of space every game. The difference is it’s Kyle Walker.

If it doesn’t make much difference then tell me why haven’t we looked as bad against them at the Etihad compared to Anfield? I don’t remember the last time they won at Etihad.
They do get extra help on their own patch. Foden had a good goal chalked off last season at Anfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.