Premier League Games 18/19 Feb '23

Agreed. It's marginal. At best it looks level, which at one time would have been onside or giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacker would be onside.

However, putting the misunderstood perspective debate to one side, the real problem for me is the line intersecting the defender's shoulder. It's position is not precise and is easily manipulated, along with the choice of frame (when the ball was "played") , to give any answer one likes, either onside or off side.
We have camera's that record at thousands of frames per second. You could have this system 100% fair and automated so easily...but they obviously don't want that because if they did it would have been done years ago.

Is it just me or does the line get closer to the darker shade of pitch on the far side than it is on the near side? Like it’s diagonal to favour a certain outcome…

View attachment 69711
I've also just spotted that the vertical line on the defender seems to intersect his elbow. It's blurred and difficult to tell, which may be deliberate obfuscation. A goal cannot be scored with an elbow, so the line should be moved aft a few inches to intersect the defenders shoulder. My point is that one can draw numerous lines at various angles and intersections to "prove" offside or onside depending on the preferred answer.

Is it just me or does the line get closer to the darker shade of pitch on the far side than it is on the near side? Like it’s diagonal to favour a certain outcome…

View attachment 69711
It's just you. You're literally seeing things. There's a science behind it, think it's called vanishing point. The further two objects are from an individual's perspective, the closer they will appear.

Offsides now need to be automated, similar technology has been around in tennis since the 70s, the goal line tech works well, let’s stop all this manual line drawing bollocks. That way you take the rough with the smooth, some you get some you don’t whereas at the moment it seems like it’s being manipulated. But that aside, what will Twattwells punishment be for missing that red card offence? Also will the offending player receive a retrospective ban? I guess the answer is obvious, no punishment for cheating bastard Twatwell, and no retro card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.