Premier League Games 18/19 Feb '23

Is it just me or does the line get closer to the darker shade of pitch on the far side than it is on the near side? Like it’s diagonal to favour a certain outcome…

00ECF4D6-5CD4-4AD1-83CC-5AFD71E650D4.jpeg

Howard Webb circa 2000 is doing the rags proud.

That was difficult to watch, the difference in reffing for them gobshites is hard to swallow.

I really hope we do have some kind of audio outing the corruption and it implodes as the red cunts in the league are getting their dicks massaged by the premier league and PIGMOL.

I won't depress myself by going on about how obviously bent that was at the Swamp!

One thing I have decided after that game is that we should go nowhere near James Maddison this summer!

What a half-arsed spineless performance from him!

With all due respect Mate we are innocent until proven guilty.

And right now we are innocent.

I don't see how it will have any impact on our planning and spending.
I fully expect we will be proved innocent, and of course under the principles of natural justice we should be regarded as innocent now. However, the reality is that potential signings, commercial sponsors, and so on, will looking at us as a proposition and decide now is not the best time to sign five year deal with us. It’s just common sense that they wouldn’t until the situation is properly resolved.

Someone like Bellingham is deciding now between us and two or three other clubs who to join. Will he sign for us not knowing if we’re getting thrown out of the premier league, given the hysterical media reports and possible sanctions under EPL rules? I doubt it. He also can’t afford to wait because if he does then his next choice club might sign someone else instead. The only logical course of action from his point of view is to choose someone else. That not fair on us, but that’s life.

Correct, we're at our worst for ten years, United at their best and despite the obvious corruption we are still above them in the league.
We are nowhere near as good as our 2012 2014 2018 2019 and 2022 title winning teams… but we’re nowhere near as bad as we were in Pellegrini’s final two seasons, especially his final one.

We are pretty much at an average of our best and worst in the last ten years at the moment.

In six previous seasons under Pep we’ve finished on:
93… points

Under Pep we’ve had three cracking seasons where we won the league and three below par seasons (including one where we still won the league and got to our first ever CL final).

But it has to be said it’s very inconsistent!

This season we are on course for an 82 point season which wouldn’t even be our worst under Pep and is 16 points better off than our final season under Pellegrini where we got 66 points and only won 19 games.

The season Mancini got sacked we finished on 78 points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.