Premier League Games 19/20/21 October 2024

This is just a mind-bogglingly stupid thing to predict 7 games into the season.

Since Arsenal's unbeaten team 22 years ago, only two teams have even managed to be unbeaten going into Christmas. Us (22 games) and Liverpool (27 games). If you get about 20 games in you might start thinking about it.

Correct. Furthermore, it is not being timorous to refuse to predict that. It is just basic sanity. At 7 games in, it really is. A deflected goal, an inexplicable fuck-up by your keeper, a couple of absolutely outrageous decisions by the officiating referee during a match, just all kinds of things that you can't legislate for can make you lose at least one or two games in a season.
More, just the loss of collective concentration that happens when you go deep into three or even four competitions, the mental tiredness towards the end of the season. And all that is now considerably exacerbated, with all the damn fool games the top players now have to play, by comparison with twenty-two years ago. For what it's worth, I don't think anyone will go unbeaten again, not while I'm on this earth, anyway. But then, I strongly, strongly doubt that anyone will be centurions again.

Just got back with the dogs and seen the arse result.
Lovely Jubbly.
I look forward to a week of bitching and whining from arsenal (the club), their fans and ex players.
IT WON’T BE THEIR FAULT!
Probably ours : )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.