Premier League Games 2/3/4 Feb

They were both pens. I agree

the point I’m making is that in a situation like that it seems that VAR will almost always stand by the refs decision
People are not listening to you mate. But I am 100% with what you are getting at and I am convinced that is exactly what is going on. They are like a secret society looking after each others backs.

When did Mourinho completely change his approach to football?

His first Chelsea team was incredible, with duff and robben flying on the wings, frank in the middle and drogba up top. They were lethal.

His Inter team that did the treble with Sniejder (has he signed for the rags yet?) were great to watch, even his Madrid side that broke the scoring records could never be called boring.

heck, the guy won the champions league with Porto (and uefa the season before?).

Strange how he is a totally different manager and his teams unrecognisable from the first half of his career.
That first Chelsea team weren't lethal, people just mix up that team with Ancelotti's and just sort of mis-remember it. They were ruthlessly efficient, but were incredibly negative. The 95 points team only scored 72 goals, but they only conceded 15 (a truly silly number). Peak Drogba got 10 goals that year, Robben with fully functioning knees got 7.

They were always a defend and counter attack side, but teams have wised up to that. When he first did it, it was still unusual for a "top team" to play like a small team, but since then it's been done by a lot of other teams, to a better standard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.