Premier League Games 21/22/23 April '23

The 8 minutes was spot on IMO, it was what we should be getting in 90% of our games when bus parkers come, I made the comment last night during the game that I hate teams doing what Southampton did in the 2nd half, defending deep, time wasting etc but last night I was enjoying it, however the ref added what was correct for various reasons, multiple subs, injuries and 2 lots of problems with the lino's comms.
Yes, but when they suddenly start applying it NOW, when they could have implemented it at the start of the season, or even after the World Cup, when they do so on such title-deciding matches, it hints of bias. Wasn't there 7-8 minutes extra-time during half-time also? You just know it won't be repeated for the City matches...unless it benefits the opposing team.

No,because the dives were pathetic.....they were blatant simulation that should have received cautions.
So just to be clear, the bias in the refereeing couldn’t possibly be more ‘blatant’, but the referee didn’t award two penalties to Arsenal because the simulation was ‘blatant’?

Interesting deployment of the word ‘blatant’ to advance your argument.

its still tight but Arsenal have other tricky games coming up as well as playing us....

Brighton are a good team and could cause them problems....

Newcastle away is a huge game for them - i think they will drop points in that one...

Chelsea at home as well - Chelsea are poor but they could well be motivated by trying to stop Arsenal winning the title....

For us we have 3 difficult games.....the Arsenal one, but also Brentford away and Brighton.....the CL semi finals and how much that takes out of the squad is going to be a huge factor as well

its going to be very very close.

That is exactly the match this reminded me of, when for the first time ever, I saw them go over ever incident/sub/stoppage to add up that they actually played 2 seconds less than they should have, Twatkinson was the ref then ?

Gary Neville is an fuckin embarrassment, Liverpool are their fiercest rivals, yeah you keep telling yourself that Gary lol.
I remember it was explained that a minute was added for every goal scored in stoppage time, a rule never heard of before or since, until last night ostensibly.

A bizarre excuse implying that the match would never end if goals continued to be scored!

And you think they will win all their other remaining games??? I don't.

I think we will beat Arsenal BTW but I don't think we now need to. I think they will drop at least as many points as us in the remaining games.

Having said all of that, last night was a terrible result for them. Just from a pure maths perspective it means they now need to come to our place and win, when had they won yesterday, a draw at ours would do. Bizarrely, I think them needing to win, makes it much more likely they will lose. Imagine it being 0-0 or 1-1 or 2-2 etc with 10 mins to go. They now cannot sit back and try to defend, and Alvarez and/or Haaland will terrorise them and do the business for us.
I think body language counts for and tells you a lot about someone's mental state.
The Arsenal players last night looked tense and morose even when they scored, whereas our lads seem to be playing with smiles on their faces and are enjoying their football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.