Premier League Games 21/22/23 Jan '23

I'm done for the evening, bored of reading the same drivel. I'm saddened that so many fans are bottling it with so much of the season still left to play.

The facts are that they're a win and a draw ahead. With over 50 points to play for, plus the distractions for both sides of the FA Cup and European competition, that's nothing. The game in hand means nothing until they win.

We're taking about a team that has no experience in fighting for the title, that dropped 6 out of 9 points ta the end of last season when they were chasing a top 4 place, that has a relatively small squad that could be affected by even just one injury to a key player, and that we still have to play twice which would put us a point in front, all else being equal. Long, long way to go. Keep the faith.
Children.

Personally, seeing United win over and over put poison into my blood, poison into my soul. It's taken me many years to clear it out of my system.
Still not sure that it is out.
Know what you mean. Watched the Arsenal v. ManU match in a bar in the company of a quite likeable guy who turned out to be a long-time red, it was only after we'd found a shared fondness for the Lake District and Lancashire cricket that he let on who he supported and some of that same animosity you mention suddenly welled up. But it helped hearing him admit how much it had hurt when Aguero scored ...

Lol sorry. You must be a bigger blue then haha. There's half a season left!!!! And United winning would have put them right up there with us. Don't get the logic
Just in terms of points, my logic is the firstly based on numbers; statistically it was in our interest for our closest rival for the league (the leaders) to drop 3 points, when we are second.
Secondly, just from looking at the half season we’ve had and the quality of play, it just seems fairly obvious to me anyway that Arsenal are a real threat based on what we’ve seen since August, stronger than united. I honestly don’t think them getting closer would be a threat long term.

Anyway, it’s all water under the bridge now. In actual fact the result I was really hoping for today was a draw! (but after that I’d rather Arsenal lost than they won)

And no, you’re being too modest there - I’m sure you’re just as big a blue as I am! ;-)

Rivalries aside you have to feel for United losing in the last minute like that
da-the-rock.gif

One thing is certain: Arsenal will not get all 57 points available to them. Getting 50 out of their first half season of matches is a hell of an accomplishment though. I think they’ve had an easier schedule so far, though. I bet they get 45 points in the back half for A total of 95. We can beat that.

Is this the strongest set of managers the league has ever had?

Pep (world class)
Klopp (world class)
Conte (world class)
Arteta (potential world class)
Ten Hag (potential world class)
Howe (potential world class)
De Zerbi (potential world class)
Potter (very good)
Emery (very good)
Lopetegui (very good)
Frank (very good)
Rodgers (very good)
Silva (good)
Moyes (good)
Viera (good)
Marsch (average)
Cooper (average)
O'Neil (poor)
Jones (poor)
Lampard (poor)

Last edited:
Is this the strongest set of managers the league has ever had?

Pep (world class)
Klopp (world class)
Conte (world class)
Arteta (potential world class)
Ten Hag (potential world class)
Howe (potential world class)
De Zerbi (potential world class)
Potter (very good)
Emery (very good)
Lopetegui (very good)
Frank (very good)
Rodgers (very good)
Silva (good)
Moyes (good)
Viera (good)
Marsch (average)
Cooper (average)
O'Neil (poor)
Jones (poor)
Lampard (poor)

LOL.

Some very generous assessments there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.