Premier League Games 21/22/23 Jan '23

Halfway now and arsenal have been/are playing well still, all we can do is win our games one at a time.

If we can go on a run in the next ten games and are then within 4-7 points of them it will turn in to a slog.

We have the deeper squad and they have yet to dip in form, if it turns into one of those nip and tuck run ins like we have had with the dippers I think we will prevail.

If the arse carry on and get 100 points then we will just have to hold our hands up and say fair enough.

However, we have to try to give ourselves that chance, the season for us starts now.

Beating them would be massive and might dent their confidence too.

We can do it, we have done it before, a new scalp too in terms of title adversaries.........brilliant.

Get strapped in blues, its going to be another rollercoaster.

Trying to put it behind me but I'm more and more angry about that result at the swamp. That was stolen from us! Everybody, even the honest United fans (there are a few) recognises it.
If we'd won that, as we should have in a fair contest, there'd be two points between us and the Arse, with a game in hand for them. (The second goal was totally a result of the first — the players were completely flummoxed, they hadn't mentally refocussed at all after such an outrage).
It's not Arsenal winning today. I respect them for it. It's that fucking result last week.

Um...no. Never good to drop 3 more points behind and rag win wouldn't have bothered me because they're not going to win anything else. Arse have 5 points and a game in hand so it takes more than one mistake...considerably more if we don't take points off them. But I do agree that they'll bottle it, surprised they're favourites with this long to go TBH.

arsenal are great going forward and 8 points vs what teams are left to play in the Premier League is looking good for them, BUT come 10 games or 5 games left it's a different game, teams fighting to stay up or fighting for points for a top 6 place becomes like cup finals every week with so much at stake,

From the past years that Manchester city have been in the title race, one thing stands out the most, it's the defence, the better defenders win you the title, that solid base you build from ? yes you have goals, that's a given with the better teams, BUT Champions have a great defence, Arsenal have not got that, or I don't think they have after watching today, you could see leaks and United score 2 and could have scored more,

The 2 games vs Arsenal are a dream for the Premier League and the billions of fans worldwide watching

How many times have Arsenal pinched a result at the death? Mark of champions is doing it regularly, not just in the odd game. United didn't play particularly well today, poor defence and still nearly held on. I don't necessarily think we're going to have to beat them twice, they could get beat anywhere. Best team doesn't always win the match, if we don't know that by now we never will.
Their football at present is better than ours...its coming more natural (as ours used to)...its flowing so to speak. They have belief and fire as Pep said last week. Ive not seen that in us all season.....yet.....
Of course, chasing down an opponent is a challenge these players have rarely faced...maybe, just maybe it will be the motivator they need

BTW, did you lot know that Southampton, Brentford and VAR are in the title race? Watching the Manchester is Red "Utd Stand" YT channel since the We Cheated City Bus Parade makes me worry that this might be the case.

Yes but that was a battling Everton side. They have no quality in midfield and Gray and Calvin lewin are feeding off scraps atm. It will be a stroll for the gunners and probably be Lamps last game.
We can hope, they need to do something

Trying to put it behind me but I'm more and more angry about that result at the swamp. That was stolen from us! Everybody, even the honest United fans (there are a few) recognises it.
If we'd won that, as we should have in a fair contest, there'd be two points between us and the Arse, with a game in hand for them. (The second goal was totally a result of the first — the players were completely flummoxed, they hadn't mentally refocussed at all after such an outrage).
It's not Arsenal winning today. I respect them for it. It's that fucking result last week.

If it makes you feel any better, we also got robbed at old toilet too. RAV said Martinelli's opening goal that they ruled out should of stood. It's a different game if we have the lead....and an extra goal.

By the way, let's have it right. United are now eleven points behind Arsenal. Eleven. With no possibility of catching up in head-to-heads, because that's done and dusted. They have no games in hand, on the contrary.
Arsenal have given themselves a good chance of lifting that trophy. We're still very much in it.

United are not going to be winning any PL title this year. That is a good thing to savour. Neither are Liverpool. That is another good thing to savour.
Suck it up, rags. Suck it up, dippers.

I'm done for the evening, bored of reading the same drivel. I'm saddened that so many fans are bottling it with so much of the season still left to play.

The facts are that they're a win and a draw ahead. With over 50 points to play for, plus the distractions for both sides of the FA Cup and European competition, that's nothing. The game in hand means nothing until they win.

We're taking about a team that has no experience in fighting for the title, that dropped 6 out of 9 points ta the end of last season when they were chasing a top 4 place, that has a relatively small squad that could be affected by even just one injury to a key player, and that we still have to play twice which would put us a point in front, all else being equal. Long, long way to go. Keep the faith.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.