Premier League Games 21/22/23 January '22

It was a foul so why wasnt it a free kick ? I dont understand
I think it’s down to the stupid definitions of VAR rules, like it can’t be used to overturn decisions on free kicks or who’s awarded a throw in etc. but I think they should make exceptions when they’ve already used the time to review a possible penalty or red card or whatever. Instead they just say no pen stick with the refs on field decision

I think it should be solely used for offsides, and whether a penalty is in the box or not.
Even then it's a bit dodgy as line measurement isn't that precise.

The one encouraging thing about the Palace game was Liverpool's defending. In the 2nd half every time Palace attacked they looked like they could score.

Salah returning will add goals but I can see them dropping quite a lot of points based on that showing

The point is, there were 2 marginal decisions yesterday (Kev's pen and the red card for the foul on Laporte) and 2 marginal decisions today (Offside for their second goal and the pen). 4 out of 4 of those marginals went against City. That is a pattern, and it's obvious to anyone who wants to look.
Didn't Grealish also have someones studs raking his legs? I know opposition teams get frustrated when we wont let them play, but they seem to have license to hack us to bits with the media usually claiming decisions against us as correct.

Not a major media outlet, but nice to see this line is being given a bit more attention. Hopefully it'll give the league pause for thought if they're genuinely trying to manufacture a tight title race for ratings.

All about the product pure and simple money money money,City suddenly moving off in the distance is a no no,any means possible to keep the league alive entertainment first sport second,this is beginning to stink of aformula one finale scenario..

It certainly doesn't add up and it certainly ended any hopes Palace had. Friend was a disgrace. Last night the influence of VAR was subtler but still decisive. Three minutes plus not to award a penalty which seemed clear when examined for location (in that sense it was no different to an offside decision) and another lengthy delay to decide that a clear red should on be a yellow despite clear physical evidence - all to beak up City's rhythm as well as run down the clock.
Its all part of the pantomime, city are the big bad wolf, the added time last night was miles off, happens every week they had a guy go down with about two mins left, he was down for maybe 45 seconds, ref blew as soon as the added time was up without adding on any more.
Yes I know people will say its sour grapes from me, but its something that needs looking at, most games that are tight that involve city, from around the 70th min we only get about 15 mins if that, including injury time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.