Premier League Games 24/25 August 2024

Arse
in Emirates and in the CS final ok that goal just brought back to pens for them but still, I think it was Trossard with his shot changing 90 degrees angle on Akanji or Dias maybe otherwise we win that game and trophy.
similar in the away PL game with a lucky Martinelli shot deflected on a defender.

I'll take that. We rode our luck and were very passive for 60 minutes or so. Martinelli was poor. Watkins, Jesus man! That being said last season we lost to Villa twice despite passing up some great chances so karma and all that. Timber was good for his first game and nice to see Calafiori come on for his debut and get stuck in.

Ref was garbage, Villa are a nasty side (John McGinn is a c*nt).

City and Arsenal will be top 2 this season - nothing I've seen from City suggests they've dropped their level so City will remain the team to beat.

Arsenal are a fine side, they'll be there or there about at the end of the season, me, stating the bleeding obvious

The way the pressure is being put on City by Arsenal Liverpool this early in the new season has got me thinking about how many games can you lose if you are real title challengers, I have never known or seen the amount of media hype this early into a new season, Its virtually one loss and you're written out of the title race.

It's crazy to think one game could be the difference this early in the season, Maybe it's the closeness finish from last season being only 2 points, Manchester City have set the points bar so high that you could go unbeaten all season and still lose the title with 30 wins and 8 draws = 98 points, and City win the title with 32 wins 3 draws 3 loses = 99 points

The way the pressure is being put on City by Arsenal Liverpool this early in the new season has got me thinking about how many games can you lose if you are real title challengers, I have never known or seen the amount of media hype this early into a new season, Its virtually one loss and you're written out of the title race.

It's crazy to think one game could be the difference this early in the season, Maybe it's the closeness finish from last season being only 2 points, Manchester City have set the points bar so high that you could go unbeaten all season and still lose the title with 30 wins and 8 draws = 98 points, and City win the title with 32 wins 3 draws 3 loses = 99 points
D'you mean they won't be bigging up the rags from here on in then?

The way I look at it from an Arsenal perspective is we need to be well clear of City by the time they stick the afterburners on after Xmas as it's intimidating to see City reel off win after win. That being said both City and Arsenal have relatively straightforward run ins (albeit Arsenal have a trip to the Victims but we don't have the same complex going there as City do - our complex is going to the Etihad!).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.