Premier League Games 25/26/27 November '23

What are the 3 exceptions where offsides will not be called?

And there are some scenarios in which players cannot be called offside: a goal kick, a throw-in, a corner kick or if the player receives the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball.

I don’t know if this is true, but it came up a few times on my quick Google search.
You’re quite right, of course, but those rules were written on the expectation that the ball is placed within the demarcated area, making it physically impossible for the receiving player to be ahead of the ball. However, in the incident tonight, the Fulham player, as is the fashion, had the ball barely overhanging the outer line, so the ball went visibly forward to someone otherwise offside. Would have been interesting if it had led to a goal.

You’re quite right, of course, but those rules were written on the expectation that the ball is placed within the demarcated area, making it physically impossible for the receiving player to be ahead of the ball. However, in the incident tonight, the Fulham player, as is the fashion, had the ball barely overhanging the outer line, so the ball went visibly forward to someone otherwise offside. Would have been interesting if it had led to a goal.
I assume it would have counted as it’s specified that they can’t be offside, even though they were.

Whether refs know that is another matter…

VAR has been absolutely shocking with decisions against Wolves this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.