Premier League Games 25/26/27 November '23

Unusual thing just happened there. Fulham took a corner with the ball in the corner area but with the ball at its furthest from the goal line. The corner was taken short and actually passed forward to Willian who was stood on the goal line. Technically he was offside but the linesman never flagged. Never seen that.
Not sure it’s possible to be flagged offside from a corner, even in the scenario you painted.

I actually think it is but it’s just so highly unusual. All of the Wolves defenders were further forward so he was technically stood offside.
What are the 3 exceptions where offsides will not be called?

And there are some scenarios in which players cannot be called offside: a goal kick, a throw-in, a corner kick or if the player receives the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball.

I don’t know if this is true, but it came up a few times on my quick Google search.

What are the 3 exceptions where offsides will not be called?

And there are some scenarios in which players cannot be called offside: a goal kick, a throw-in, a corner kick or if the player receives the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball.

I don’t know if this is true, but it came up a few times on my quick Google search.
This is true. The easiest way to remember it, is that if the ball is dead by going outside the pitch markings, you cannot be offside from the restart.

Unusual thing just happened there. Fulham took a corner with the ball in the corner area but with the ball at its furthest from the goal line. The corner was taken short and actually passed forward to Willian who was stood on the goal line. Technically he was offside but the linesman never flagged. Never seen that.
Can't be offside from a corner mate that's why no flag, nor a throw or goal kick even if technically stood "offside".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.