Premier League games 30/31 October & 1/2 November

Four utterly ridiculous penalties awarded this weekend,as a result of players play acting and exaggerating contact/fouls.

These players need calling out and punishing,as it has now become a strategy/tactic for many teams,and the referee's involved need to learn to recognise such antics.

Cheating is destroying the game.
It won’t stop so maybe we need to start doing it... I hate saying that but if you think that this is going to be eradicated from the game then you’ll be waiting a long time

It won’t stop so maybe we need to start doing it... I hate saying that but if you think that this is going to be eradicated from the game then you’ll be waiting a long time
I wouldn't want to win like that,seeing Kane fist pumping after he had conned the ref,and shat on a fellow professional,was nauseating and,from his perspective,embarrassing.

Years ago,when there was honour in the game,getting knocked over or showing you had been hurt was a sign of weakness.....now,its a clearly encouraged method and tactic,and its bollocks.

Against my better judgement I watched MOTD2 yesterday and unsurprisingly our game was on last. Brilliant goal from Kyle who is playing out of his skin.

Two things though: have they got the hidden sniper who took out Harry Kane? Even half asleep I thought the 'challenge' was outside the box. When you've actually got technology surely there's no excuse for this level of incompetence?

Oh well at least Littlepool with the greatest strikeforce in the world ever ever would be beyond such obvious cheating antics? Don't think you'd want Mr Salad in the trenches with you! I suspect plenty of U10 footballers cringed at this blatant dive. Odd that the media aren't trying to analyse that minutely?

At least Ollie's turned another corner. Full marks to Pogba for the most disinterested performance by a pro footballer since last week!

I don't pretend to know the laws of the game but the disparity between what our players are booked for and what treatment they endure week in week out seems an utter sham. I think we downplay the weasel words of Neville and the like at our peril. They create the climate for Neanderthals to try and hospitalise us with impunity. Ditto not mentioning outright cheating by media darlings gives them care blanche to do what they want.
Get the Euro league f##k the plastics off to it, deny them any possibility of readmission to EFL/PL. Whilst you're at it ship a load of semi competent more or less honest officials in. Perhaps a coach who understands tactics in the modern game would be nice! We can dream!!

I wouldn't want to win like that,seeing Kane fist pumping after he had conned the ref,and shat on a fellow professional,was nauseating and,from his perspective,embarrassing.

Years ago,when there was honour in the game,getting knocked over or showing you had been hurt was a sign of weakness.....now,its a clearly encouraged method and tactic,and its bollocks.
I don’t want to win it like that either but the alternative is to keep watching these cnuts conning refs and take the moral high ground..

I just don’t see them doing anything about it

I don’t want to win it like that either but the alternative is to keep watching these cnuts conning refs and take the moral high ground..

I just don’t see them doing anything about it
It isn't a case of taking the moral high ground,its about not stooping to their level.

You are probably right,if the authorities wanted to put an end to it they would probably have took action by now,and when you have a dickhead manager like Klopp coming out and supporting such behaviour.....what fucking hope is there??

Cheating has always been part of the game.

From stealing yards at throw in's and free kicks to feigning injury to The Hand of God.

Yep its nothing new. Lineker used to like a tumble for England and even Owen did much to Pochettino displeasure. It has just got slowly worse over time.

Any contact a player makes, players drop to the ground, if they over run the ball they will fall down. Its become so normal in the game no one batters an eyelid until it reaches the penalty area.

If you watch early premier league games you keep expecting players to fall or go down at the nearest collision and it doesn't happen as often, but the game is changing where everyone wants to influence the ref or highlight contact was made

Its at the point of no return now, because a zoomed in camera of boots touching is deemed as a foul, everything is almost a forensic analysis.

I blame punditry of the likes of Hansen who criticized refs for years. Claiming "contact" to lay into the ref, who didn't have the luxury of multiple replays

The game has changed so much, its faster, stronger, tactically better but a whole lot stricter with the laws of the game

Four utterly ridiculous penalties awarded this weekend,as a result of players play acting and exaggerating contact/fouls.

These players need calling out and punishing,as it has now become a strategy/tactic for many teams,and the referee's involved need to learn to recognise such antics.

Cheating is destroying the game.

VAR was supposed to stop it. Instead it's used to cover a refs mistakes and a player's cheating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.