Premier League Games 4/5/6 March '23

I just can't really agree with this idea of referees helping Arsenal given it would have been the easiest thing in the world to give Arsenal 2 or 3 penalties yesterday for handball if the ref was so inclined. One of them was so borderline nobody would have batted an eyelid. Also you just can't ignore the offside Brentford goal, if there really was a conspiracy to help Arsenal they're doing a very piss poor job. I agree that there are sympathies (whether conscious or subconscious) in refereeing towards United and Liverpool, there's enough evidence of them getting the rub of the green to see that. I might also see anti-City sentiment from certain referees. I don't see pro-Arsenal sentiment at all, the evidence just doesn't support it for me. My opinion is that everything else is just the kind of total incompetence we see week in week out with every game.

I also will stick my neck out at risk of getting pelters on here and say I absolutely fucking despise the amount of time wasting other teams do in this league. It's beyond pathetic that the referees have never gotten a grip on it. They should be adding on 15-20 minutes, they should have done that for us v Forest, and they should have done it yesterday for Arsenal. The referee was absolutely justified in adding an extra minute because a Bournemouth player was rolling around on the floor like a twat for a whole minute. In fact I would say it his obligation to add that time on. It sucks because they scored but nobody would be arguing the toss on it if they didn't.

My frustration is not with Arsenal getting the extra minutes. My frustration is that City never do, as said previously, the exact same situation happened with us against Forest and we got less than fuck all.

Either get a timekeeper or add 10 minutes of added time every time the referee has to book somebody for time wasting. It needs stamping the fuck out. It really is the thing that annoys me most about modern football.
Timekeepers are the answer. When the ball is dead stop the clock, it’s not rocket science. You could even have a rule that allows play to continue at full time until the ball is dead like in rugby. That would avert the klaxon going off when Mo Salah or Marcus Rashford are clean through on goal, like that would ever happen! I do recall a game when Everton were breaking away three against one at Goodson against yes you’ve guessed the rags and the ref blew a second or two early.

An interesting article in today’s Sunday Times. FIFA will insist that from next season, the PL have to add on time for all stoppages. They want 100 minute games like the World Cup and aiming for a 60 minute average for ball in play (currently around 55 mins in the PL). They are trying to cut out time wasting and feigning of injuries. About time.

And if City score a goal that is within the letter of the law but deemed controversial by telly morons or jumped up little no marks like that ex Villa manager Smith a few years back, simple, change the rules. Now that won’t stop the goal being allowed, but it all contributes to the ”closing the loop holes for cheating City” which is lapped up by the MSM.

To be honest, I can’t think of a more outrageous decision this season than the Fernandes offside goal that was allowed to stand against you. Ridiculous decision made worse by Gary Neville, the ‘impartial’ pundit trying to justify it.

An interesting article in today’s Sunday Times. FIFA will insist that from next season, the PL have to add on time for all stoppages. They want 100 minute games like the World Cup and aiming for a 60 minute average for ball in play (currently around 55 mins in the PL). They are trying to cut out time wasting and feigning of injuries. About time.
Good in practice but without an independent timekeeper, this is in the hands of known bad actors aka cheating bastards who referee for their careers, aka PiGMOL.

To be honest, I can’t think of a more outrageous decision this season than the Fernandes offside goal that was allowed to stand against you. Ridiculous decision made worse by Gary Neville, the ‘impartial’ pundit trying to justify it.
I think City should have walked off the pitch and refused to continue.
that would have caused a meltdown with the TV companies and PiGMOL. It was obvious the points were lost so fuck it, let them have the game 3-0. If that had happened Stuart Twatwell would never have refereed again. So a price worth paying.

I'm all for that. Our game at home against Brentford would still be going.

Not sure we can count Forest-Everton as a football match, feels like both teams should get 0 points regardless of the result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.