Premier League games 6/7/8/ November

I still love City, that will not change, barring something truly abhorrent happening. But I just am not remotely as excited about watching us or other games (which I used to do quite a lot, as I generally just loved football).

I suppose it’s just the natural progression of things. You move on.

Not sure, mate. Yes, I'm getting older, and the days when I was devastated for literally days by a City defeat (especially when it was at home — I just couldn't bear that) are long, long gone. But games without fans are just kind of meaningless. We are the only thing, in our dogged stupidity, that ensures continuity. And the rigid, mindless application of VAR compounds that. I understand every single word you put here, but I'm still holding out for those feelings of elation and despair that have done so much to structure my life, whatever else was happening in it, over the last fifty years.

Get rid of VAR and you still have Taylor not showing red cards against Luiz and two red cards for a push and an argument.
Get rid of VAR and you still have fatty Moss giving penalties to Palace for a stumble yet nothing for a deliberate attempt to injure someone on a breakaway
Get rid of VAR and you still have Atkinson not giving a penalty when one of ours is kneecapped
Get rid of VAR and you still have Clattenburk allowing Spurs to score goals after clear offside calls
Get rid of VAR and you still have Senor Lehoz

The problem with the English game is corruption from PiGMOB, dodgy agents, players on the take, certain clubs and their media lackeys, the Premier League bosses and foreign betting markets.

Fortunately with every passing week more and more people are seeing what is happening to our ‘beautiful game’, hence @SebastianBlue ’s passionate post about his love for the game waning.
Nah, not having it.
I could list several var fuck ups.
As for corruption, you may be right but that barely affects the football on the pitch, if at all.
You're looking behind the scenes and into the murky world of big money. I'm looking at the pitch.

Nah, not having it.
I could list several var fuck ups.
As for corruption, you may be right but that barely affects the football on the pitch, if at all.
You're looking behind the scenes and into the murky world of big money. I'm looking at the pitch.
I’m not sure if you noticed but all of those acts happened on the pitch. And they did impact on the results of the games.
However I’m not here to convince you of anything, you’re entitled to feel it’s all above board and that VAR, as a piece of technology, is shit.

I believe technology is a good as its end user. And in the case of VAR the end user is a crook.

I see Agent Pickford was back at it today, how the fuck this fella has still got a job in football I don't know.

Not sure, mate. Yes, I'm getting older, and the days when I was devastated for literally days by a City defeat (especially when it was at home — I just couldn't bear that) are long, long gone. But games without fans are just kind of meaningless. We are the only thing, in our dogged stupidity, that ensures continuity. And the rigid, mindless application of VAR compounds that. I understand every single word you put here, but I'm still holding out for those feelings of elation and despair that have done so much to structure my life, whatever else was happening in it, over the last fifty years.
That’s absolutely fair, mate.

And I obviously hope it returns for all of us!

You are not alone. I am actually glad we can’t go to watch live games as it saves me from having to deal with the dilemma of whether to renew my season card or not. I have loved City my whole life but I have fallen out of love with football. If I was forced to make a decision to renew right now I honestly don’t know what I would do. It’s hard to walk away but at the moment I have zero inclination to go.

Many years ago, the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team was playing to packed houses every game when there was a prolonged player’s strike. The fans never returned and the last time I went to a game the stadium was less than half full. I have a feeling that Covid and VAR might do the same to football.
The var decisions last year was enough for me , already decided to pack it in after 35yrs, didn’t think it could get any more corrupt but this year it’s actually got worse , I should be pleased as my i’ve Been proved correct in my decision which wasn’t taken lightly but i’m Not .
Watching the game I loved totally dismantled is like watching a relative suffer in pain . This new game is not for me , i’m a football fan & cant even watch this shite any more .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.