Premier League Games 6/7 April '24

I agree, as much as I still think their approach was beneath a club trying to win the league (and at times quite cowardly). Which is why I wasn’t among those seeing the result as an immense failure on our part.

But I am also not convinced Arsenal playing like this is going to lead them to lifting the trophy in a little over a month.

And, if it doesn’t, they’ll then have to come to terms with losing it whilst embracing anti-football in many of their matches in the run-in.

Perhaps I am just a snob, but I don’t think Pep could ever be convinced to adopt the tactics of Mourinho and Dyche to try secure silverware. Not even Mancini did to win us our first trophy in decades.

I think he would rather lose than play turgid, cynical football. I am sure some would argue that to be one of the few flaws in the way he approaches the game.

But I see it as a testament to his love of football and his respect for the players and fans. He wants to entertain and inspire. He wants intricate beauty to be the path to glory.

Call me his acolyte.
Anyone remember Mancini going to The Emirates and playing for a 0-0. The RDAHMeedya were frothing at the mouth for the entire week and were blathering about anit-football and it not being the way the game should be played. I didn't see El Classico today - Oldham v Rochdale at Boundary Park - but I suspect that the two teams had the ball on the ground more than The Arse did at The Etihad.

I may be a conspiracy theorist but I have a feeling the prem/FA will ensure Liverpool come away with a draw tomorrow and that you guys get a draw in one of your game so we are all on the same points. That way if we all win til the last game day, it literally makes it more entertaining for the last day.

Do you guys find this season more exciting than previous as its a close affair between 3 teams instead of the usual Liverpool?

"Been there done that" in sport is arrogant mate.
It's about pushing forward for the new adversary.
Can't think about the past.
If you don't think arsenal have kicked on then I don't know what to say to you.
There scoring bag fulls of goals.
Nonsense; it's about knowing how to handle the pressure when it comes to the crunch. We've proved we can do that, Arsenal haven't yet.

I may be a conspiracy theorist but I have a feeling the prem/FA will ensure Liverpool come away with a draw tomorrow and that you guys get a draw in one of your game so we are all on the same points. That way if we all win til the last game day, it literally makes it more entertaining for the last day.
Yes you are a conspiracy theorist

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.