Premier League (Midweek) Games 16/17 March '22

A bit disappointed hoping we’d at least get a point…however, Liverpool have the most clinical strikers in the league and if you fail to take your chance against them, it’s likely they’ll punish you as they did last night. Some positives to take from the game was a good first half and Martinelli showing his potential - to think he’s only 20. At the end of the day, even if we make top 4, still a gulf in class between City and Liverpool and the rest. I still think you guys will win the title, so good luck.

A bit disappointed hoping we’d at least get a point…however, Liverpool have the most clinical strikers in the league and if you fail to take your chance against them, it’s likely they’ll punish you as they did last night. Some positives to take from the game was a good first half and Martinelli showing his potential - to think he’s only 20. At the end of the day, even if we make top 4, still a gulf in class between City and Liverpool and the rest. I still think you guys will win the title, so good luck.
Thank you. Good luck to you too, especially as you have Mikel Arteta.

If Everton get dicked tonight, they're in trouble. If they weren't already. Seamus Coleman will be hoping St Patrick is smiling down on him. Then again, so will Ciaran Clark.

I thought Arsenal away was gonna be their hardest game (apart from us). But in hindsight it wasn’t, nowhere near. It was inevitable that Arsenal would bottle it
I personally wanted Arsenal to tire Liverpool out.
the games are thick and fast now and they better be up for Watford. Because they will give their all too.

there were a few positives to come out of last nights game though.
Martinelli absolutely rinsed Trent Darby
And Arsenal passed the ball through the lines quite easily too
Salah is knackered and mane looks subdued too

I thought Arsenal had chance of getting something until going behind due to a goalkeeping error, the belief seemed to desert them for the next 10mins and the game was out of sight before they reset themselves mentally.

I had a feeling that Odegard chance was a pivotal moment(did he fluff it or was it a great save?) in the game because going ahead would have given them even more to hang onto(a cushion), more belief that the points were in reach.

It really wouldn't have flattered Arsenal either, some are saying Arsenal flattered to deceive but I beg to differ, they were exerting control for longer periods than Liverpool were and there's no way Liverpool just "gave up the first half" either as some suggest. To that I say, Klopp clearly wasn't happy, you could see that at the half time whistle. That was just Arsenal outplaying them in the centre of the pitch, pressing well, Liverpool were resorting to going long, a lot more than usual.

As you alluded to though, Liverpool can change the game in one attack, their forwards are that ruthless and direct. It could have happened without the mistake but it does leave you wondering, what if Arsenal had taken their biggest chance to score, or Ramsdale dealt with the near post shot as he should have done?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.