Premier League or Champions League?

What do you want us to win more?

• Total voters
With me it's more than that mate, UEFA have tried to nail us to the proverbial for years trying to keep the "European Royalty" front and centre.

As for the format? I'm not a fan it's just a big old moneymaking scheme, knockout games all the way for me it would give some of the smaller sides a real chance to progress further.
My argument was along the lines of which is harder to win. Anyone can have a preference over which comp they prefer and if we hadn't won any I would pick the league. However as much as it might irk some folks we need to win the bloody thing. It's a thorn in our side and a stick to beat us with.

We can try and deflect as much as we want but we haven't done the business in that competition certainly not by that standards we have reached domestically. I don't think we will but let's hope we do both.

The argument that the CL is easier to win and that our inability to win it thus far is a result of our domestic superiority, is an illogical one to say the least. Logic dictates if it were easier to win we'd have already won it, no? I agree the PL is a very difficult trophy to win, it's a marathon not a sprint; but then sprinting is a skillset of its own. I reckon they're equally difficult because they require different types of mentality to win; league wins require a consistency, but then in theory you could win a league without beating your main competitors, the CL as with all cup competitions leaves zero margin for error. Want to be considered the best amongst your European peers? Go out and do it on final night, that's your one chance.

Putting all that aside, it's fast becoming an issue that we're yet to win this trophy. I feel a little treacherous saying it, because we should be thankful for everything we have witnessed over the last decade, but I'm at the point where I'd sacrifice the league for one season if it guaranteed getting the CL in our trophy cabinet. Not every City fan is apathetic towards Europe's biggest club prize. I truly believe this City team, Pep's City, is one of the greatest in club football history; Pep and the players deserve to be mentioned in that breath. But, and this is the shit thing, they aren't going to be until they win the CL, simple as that. It's no longer just a stick to beat us with, it's an almighty stigma that clings to the club. There's only one way we can exorcise this demon...by winning the damn thing. Let's hope it's this season. Or better yet, let's hope we win both :)

CTID

As soon as Pep wins the Champions League with City he'll start thinking about leaving.

I think our under performance is ironically one of the things keeping him here (and the opportunity to develop Phil into a world-class player one day).

I have voted for the Champions League simply because we haven’t won it yet. But the league is still the best and most important competition to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd usually say the league but we can win the CL by beating both Madrid teams and shutting those cunts up this year.

So I'm going with both, la.

It’s always Prem over CL for me, but losing to them in the final doesn’t bear thinking about. I’d go as far as to say that if I had a crystal ball that told me we would lose to them in the final, I would rather get knocked out tomorrow.

We really have to win both now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.