Premier League or Champions League?

Which do you want us to win more this season?

• Total voters
As others have said 4 PL in a row is unique and back to back CL in England only the Dippers and Forrest have done that.

So for me, either of the above and id be over the moon.

I think I have the same mindset as the evidence suggests Pep does.

He has always said that winning Cups, however glittery, is based on an element of chance - a bit of one-offery if you like (ask Wigan). His reactions to winning cups is different to winning the league. His reaction in Istanbul was not an outburst of uncontrolled ecstacy but almost 'Meh, that'll shut everyone up at last'. Compare that with how he celebrated the 100 points goal, or the Villa game.

Pep knows that 4 in a row is a defining achievement for him and the club, far beyond retaining the CL or even a Magnificent 7. And I probably agree with him.

I am bringing back this post-match interview by Pep just to remind everybody what it takes and means to keep on going and going, From the tea lady to the fans we are all in it together as one

Because we need each other
We believe in one another
And I know we're going to uncover
What's sleepin' in our soul
Because we need each other
We believe in one another
I know we're going to uncover

Yep. Keep trying to win every competion we enter.

Greats like Pep are rare. He and the whole City team have taken Cruyffs total football to a different level. The best football I have seen since I started watching City in the Bert Trautmann era.

The greatness comes from the mentality, evolution and adaptation of styles by players to meet new challenges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.