Premier League plans play-off for last Champion League place

Xavvi said:
That FA Cup idea is stupid as you like, no offense to whoever came up with it. The thought of Dagenham and Redbridge potentially representing English football at the highest level would surely have the FA's pants twitching...

Good idea in theory but it needs work and the whole thing is a bit degrading. It would definitely see a few relegation-threatejed managers lose their rags.

Have you even read the idea? dagenham and redbridge aren't going to finish 7th in the prem.

Xavvi said:
That FA Cup idea is stupid as you like, no offense to whoever came up with it. The thought of Dagenham and Redbridge potentially representing English football at the highest level would surely have the FA's pants twitching...

Good idea in theory but it needs work and the whole thing is a bit degrading. It would definitely see a few relegation-threatejed managers lose their rags.

Nonsense. Dagenham and Redbridge have as much chance of winning the FA Cup as they have of finishing 4th in the Prem. Zero. In truth only 10 or 12 teams have any realistic chance of winning the FA Cup. What it would do is ensure first choice teams are picked for every cup game and 20,000 fans who thought they had better things to do yesterday would have thought again.

brady0 said:
Xavvi said:

Have you even read the idea? dagenham and redbridge aren't going to finish 7th in the prem.

Is reading a strong point?

Imagine how tense those games would be?

There's trouble every year in the championship play off's let alone these

Fantastic idea, would be so god to watch. The play offs are great, would be fun to be involved in them if we didn't finish in the top 3.

the fa know the redshite face possible financial meltdown if they dnt have the money c.league football brings, shock!! the c.l without one of those special atmospheres that a european night at anfield brings, fuckof beglin change the record, an tell itv remove the microphones from the kop, its about as atmospheric as a doctor waitin room. the playoffs are to ensure busines as usual for top 4, is a bad idea, if city finish 4th an the dirty kopite gobshites then win the playoff, wheres the justice in that, long hard season an a crack at the c.league just for them fuks to take your place, it hapened when everton got 4th they got in through the bk door a special dispensation it was, one rule for the sky 4 an another for the rest.

I may be behind the times here, but I thought you only got a champions league place for finishing in the top 3. Don't you have to qualify for the CL if you finish 4th?

I remember Everton getting all giddy about it a few years ago when they finished 4th but then messed it up big style.

i like it as it would save some of the anxiety of trying to nab that 4th spot, only for it to get all the more anxious in the playoffs!i think the fa cup idea has some merit too. only downside is its gonna make a europa cup place seem even more like a consolation prize!

4th, 5th, 6th, and FA Cup winner for me. If it's a non-Prem team or a team already qualified, then 7th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.