Premium bonds

In the last 6 months I've won £125, £75 of which I found out about today. I can go 2 or 3 months without a win, but it's "dead money" to me, my "rainy day" savings.
Mind you, I did have a £25,000 win last year. I'm still stunned!

Swap your bank account to nationwide and take advantage of their 5% on £2500 for a year, do the same with another bank account and swap that to first direct get the £125 cashback and access to a 5% ISA for the year where you pay in 300 a month. If you are referred to Nationwide you will also get £100 cash for swapping. Them 2 things alone will make you more money.

over the years I've won about double what I'd have made in interest in a standard bank account, biggest win £100, but a fairly regular £25

Swap your bank account to nationwide and take advantage of their 5% on £2500 for a year, do the same with another bank account and swap that to first direct get the £125 cashback and access to a 5% ISA for the year where you pay in 300 a month. If you are referred to Nationwide you will also get £100 cash for swapping. Them 2 things alone will make you more money.

Hmmmmmm, I make that £350? My Premium Bonds netted me £575 over the last year and that's net, whereas the £350 is taxable.

I save with a gold account through the credit union and get 2.5 % on all my savings. Not a great dividend but certainly better then the bank.

Does anyone have premium bonds?

I have a bit of cash in a savings account with the bank and getting 0.6% interest.

I would want to be able to take it out at any time that I want and it needs to be risk free - I don't want to end up losing large chunks of it.

Would premium bonds work for me?

Any pros/cons?

Do you have much spare time in the evenings? Can make your money go a lot further match betting tbh, a few blues on here have been doing it and can vouch for me (have a different name on the site i use). I have done it for a couple of years now, made 40k plus and I started with just 5k capital. Gambling transactions are already taxed too which comes in handy!

So yeah if you have some spare time in the evenings and weekends I reckon you should put your money into that instead, you will make more in one month than it would in 1 year with premium bonds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.